[2] Enrollment

You were so into your own thoughts that you hadn't even noticed Shadis, literally standing 5 feet away from you, yelling at a brunette girl who had a love for potatoes

You turned to look at her, and when you did, she caught your eyes.

She clicked her tongue and went back to her potato while your superior was staring her down, expecting a sentence, even just a word from her after he had deliberately scolded her.

"Please," she sighed dramatically as you watched her break the steamed potato in 'half' (more like 85-15%), then giving it to Shadis, who was as stunned as any of the cadets that had had the opportunity to experience such a thing.

"Have half." she smiled.

You later found out that that girl's name was Sasha, who had an uncontrollable love for food, and even though she shared her meal with her superior, she still rejected orders and showed disrespect.

Which, naturally, ended with her being punished harshly.

After training, of course.

Dinner time finally arrived for the cadets, and you were more than thankful (and sweaty) to take a well-deserved break. You took a quick stop by your room to change clothes with Mikasa, then you two headed for the mess hall.

You could literally hear your own stomach growling in your ears, and not only did you hear it╴Mikasa heard it too, causing her to chuckle lowly.

On the way to the mess hall to get your dinner, flashbacks and memories came back to you like a wave. Your dad, your mom, your grandpa which you had met once, Carla and Grisha Jaeger, those bullies that bullied Armin.

The death of Carla and the death of your dad replayed in your mind, as well as their last words to you.

"I love you, Y/N"

"You're the only one I trust to take care of them."

You were so, so grateful that your dad had gotten mercy, and had died 8 days prior to the fall of Wall Maria.

Mikasa, upon noticing your gloomy expression, bumped her shoulder with yours gently, bringing you out of your thoughts.

You looked at her and smiled slightly. Not even Mikasa knew about how your dad died, and you intended to keep it that way.

"I'm sorry," you whispered, shaking your head with a smile and a sigh. It took no fool to know that Mikasa was worried about you, and you yourself could see it in her eyes.

You scratched your arm in the awkwardness of Mikasa's stare, which lingered on you way longer than what you like. This was an irritating habit of hers that she had developed after the incident, and it did piss you off a little.

"Y/N," Mikasa stretched out, causing you to sigh yet again and pinch your eyes shut. Should you tell her your worries or let it go?

You decided to let it go.