Traitor

How did it come to this?

Everything went so well in the beginning, only for fate to turn its back on you.

You trotted on your horse with your squad, all of you riding at an incredibly fast pace, trying to escape whatever it was coming after you.

With tears in your eyes, you looked back just in time to see a soldier fly in behind you, trying his best to protect whatever it was coming after you.

You watched in horror as a huge hand entered your line of vision, swatting the soldier away as if he were a mere mosquito. Blood went everywhere, coating the air with a metallic scent.

You that you were slowly losing yourself.

The squad was begging Lance-Corporal Levi for his orders, but alas he remained silent. The terrifying titan behind you continued to chase after you, but it only had its eyes locked on one person.

Eren.

You looked at the creature square in the eyes, and never before had you seen such murderous, icy blue eyes. There was no doubt in your mind that it was intelligent╴meaning there was someone inside the nape.

Someone that you possibly knew.

The blue eyes that it had instantly reminded you of someone you knew, and that only caused a worry deep in your chest.

"Everyone," the Corporal said loudly. "Cover your ears."

You looked back up at Levi with panicked eyes, questioning his statement.

No.

You had no reason to doubt Levi at all. How many times has he been right in a situation?

You trusted him.

You watched as Levi pulled out a flare gun and point it towards the sky, and that's when it clicked in your head. You quickly covered your ears, knowing what he was about to do.

The flare was shot, and a deafening ring rang in everyone's ears, despite you covering them.

You hissed.

It didn't seem to affect the titan at all, as it continued to chase after the squad with bloodthirsty eyes.

Levi led the squad into a huge tree-covered forest, where the trees were so close to each other that it was a hassle to avoid them. You didn't think anything of it.

Until you heard the gunshots behind you.

Instantly, everyone looked over their shoulders and silently cheered upon seeing the female titan chained in the Survey Corps' grasp. But what made your blood run cold was not the way it looked at you, no.

It was the way it was covering its nape with its hand, officially confirming your theory.

You sent a glare towards it as it almost mimicked your expression, shaking in its place, while you advanced with your squad.