Defense of Trost 4/4

"I'll kill you..."

The chilling words that left Eren's lips made everyone party freeze in action and words, eyes widening as though he would turn into a titan any second.

Even you looked at Eren in horror.

Did he just say what you think he said?

You had no time to wonder as you readied Mikasa's blades in your hands. What had happened was that you had just arrived at the wall, when you had gotten pursued by members of the Garrison, claiming that they had seen Eren emerging from the titan body.

It was a hard bullet to dodge, and lying about this incident would result in certain death if you got found out. The number of eye-witnesses was simply too great to dance around.

If the lie was exposed, you, Armin and Mikasa would get thrown into solitary confinement, and Eren would face death either way. So you were quick to scratch that option.

The scene what chaotic as you and Mikasa stood before the Garrison with a blade in each hand, Armin behind you shielding a drowsy and confused Eren.

But now everything became much more difficult with Eren uttering those ridiculous words.

You felt the familiar feeling of sweat trickling down your back, but not only was it from the situation at hand, but you were also in excruciating pain from your broken ribs.

You knew your condition was critical, and if you didn't get this over with, you would die.

"Eren!" you yelled, turning around slightly to face the poor boy. "You're finally awake!"

"Y-Y/N? What's going on╴"

"Eren! Can you move?!" Armin shook the brunet slightly, causing poor Eren to get a bit of nausea. "Tell them everything you know! I'm sure they'll understand!"

Eren sat still like stone, trying to soak up the information and surroundings around him. He finally got a grasp of the situation at hand, and the trouble that could kill all of you.

"Eren," Mikasa said with a sad undertone in her voice. She was glad that Eren was awake, but at the same time, she was frustrated with the entire situation. "Do you not remember anything?"

Eren shot Mikasa a confused look, clearly indicating that he had no fucking idea what she was talking about.

You clicked your tongue and shot a glare at the Garrison leader. "Eren, listen carefully. You transformed into a titan."

At the words that let your mouth, Eren froze, his irises shrinking in pure horror. "What?! That's impossible!". For him, you had completely lost your mind, or you were playing a cruel joke on him.

But that thought quickly dissipated when Armin clenched his teeth and nodded at Eren, causing him to look at the ground in concentration.

"Cadet Jaeger, Ackerman, Arlert, and L/N! Your present behavior is high treason. What do you have to say in defense?! If you make a move, the artillery will open fire on you immediately!"

You shot the man a glare, clenching your teeth in the progress. It seemed to have no effect on him.

The man that stood before you goes by the name of Kitz Wörman. He's one of the senior officers in charge of the defense of Trost and the acting commander of the Trost Quartermaster Corps.

During the battle, he had completely abandoned the trainees.

This man had completely lost his mind through the years of being in the Garrison, and the attack on Trost has clearly done a trick on him.