Defense of Trost 3/4

For every passing minute that ticked away, the buzzing pain began increasing, mimicking the feeling of thousand of needles penetrating your skin, one by one

You didn't know how much longer you would be able to hold out. The blood flowed freely from everywhere on your body, coating it a crimson red.

You were a walking snack.

As you staggered through the city, the never-ending possibilities of your demise raced through your mind. Would you be able to make it? Was Eren really dead, or did your mind play a cruel trick on you?

Whatever the real answer was, you had to proceed.

The surroundings around you passed by like a blur as you stomped through the street. Suddenly, movement caught your eye, snapping your head to your left.

It was an 8-meter titan, beckoning its way further into a dead end.

Curiosity and fear hit your body full-force, feet beginning to run cold as your heart sped up.

As the beast proceeded to crawl towards something, moaning as its mouth bit for something.

You knew that someone was stranded in that alleyway. What if it was Eren, who was knocked out cold? Or worse...?

With that thought in mind, you decided to hop as quick as you could behind the titan, turning back just in time when it jerked its head towards your position.

It sniffed once, then turned back to whoever was, as you could clearly see now, sitting on the ground.

And you swore you could have thrown up right then and there.

"Mikasa," you choked out. What could you do?! You had to do something to get her out of this death-trap!

Your fingertips then brushed something hard and bumpy. You picked up the grey rock and swung it into the air once. Once you caught it again, you leaned your arm back as much as you could, desperate for the amount of power you would need to divert its attention.

But, before you had the chance to, a yell erupted, so loud that you dropped the rock and held your hands to your sensitive ears.

There's no way that could have been a titan.

Instinctively, you looked back towards where Mikasa was now standing on her own two feet, with a dull yet sharp sword clasped firmly between her hands in pure survival mode.

But that wasn't what made you gulp in fear, no.

It was the huge, muscly beast behind her that bolted towards her, screaming in such a strong voice that your ears rang.

But when it slammed its foot down beside Mikasa, instead opting for the way smaller titan that reached out for your friend, that's when you knew that a miracle had been sent.