Going Away

Evie is sitting in the waiting room, when Desiree comes inside, holding two cups of coffee in her hands. "Here.", Desiree replied, offering her coffee. Evie takes it in her hands. "Thanks.", Evie sighed, as Desiree sat down next to her, and holding her coffee cup.  "I'm such a mess.", Evie sighed. 

"Yeah, you are.", Desiree replied. "Dez, I'm sorry that I wasn't being honest with you.", Evie sighed. "Well, yeah. You lied to me, Evie. I thought we would always be honest with each other, but you weren't tonight.", Desiree cried. "I know, and I'm sorry.", Evie cried. "You know, I felt like I was betrayed by my own sister.", Desiree sighed. 

"And I'm so sorry you feel that way, I really do.", Evie cried. Rebecca, who is about to leave, sees Evie and Desiree arguing and goes to end it. "Girls, enough. This is not helping. You need to stop fighting about this. It's just a misunderstanding.", Rebecca replied. 

"You have to talk through this and work things out. Because if you don't, your relationship as sisters will be estranged and you'll be fighting all the time. You guys don't want that. You two have a great relationship, please don't ruin it over one mistake. Trust me.", Rebecca smiled, as she leaves the hospital. 

"Dez, I think she's right. We should talk about this, if we still want to have a good relationship, we must sort things out between us.", Evie replied. "Yeah you're right.", Desiree sighed, as she and Evie starts talking and they spend an hour talking and soon embrace. 

"I promise that I would always be honest with you.", Evie sighed. "Me too.", Desiree sighed, reconciling with Evie. "I love you.", Evie sighed. "I love you too.", Desiree sighed. Moments later, everyone has left the hospital, except for Evie, who stayed behind. She went into Benson's room and sees him still unconscious. 

"Hey, I'm glad you're ok.", Evie sighed. But Benson remains unconscious. "Look, I know you can't hear me right now. But I want to say thank you for saving me. If it wasn't for you, I would've been raped.", Evie smiled. 

"You know, I got the divorce papers and I still haven't sign it yet. I'm not sure when I'll sign them, but another part of me doesn't want me to sign them. When Desiree told me about your hook-up, I was devastated. Because I thought you went back to your old ways and I thought that I changed you. But after seeing you with another woman, I guess I was wrong.", Evie sighed. 

Evie gets up and kisses Benson's lips, and looks at him with a tear falling down. "Goodbye Benson.", Evie sighed, as she leaves the hospital. Evie returns home and Desiree goes to her room and comforts her. "Hey, you ok?", Desiree asked. "Yeah, I'll be ok. I just need to go away for a while.", Evie sighed. 

"Go away?", Desiree asked. "Yes, I need some time to myself, out of this city.", Evie sighed. "Where are you going to go?", Desiree asked. "I don't know, I'll figure it out. I just need you to promise me that you won't tell Mum and Dad, Rebecca or the Hawkes, even Benson where I am. Because I won't want them to find me. Promise me you won't tell them.", Evie sighed. 

"I promise. Let me know where you are by the time you arrive to your destination.", Desiree replied. "Always.", Evie sighed, as she goes to pack her bags. 

That same late night, while their parents are asleep, Evie sneaks out of the house and hugs Desiree goodbye. "I'll see you in a few days and I'll let you know where I am when I arrive.", Evie sighed. 

"Ok.", Desiree sighed. "I love you.", Evie sighed. "I know.", Desiree sighed as the two sisters hug tight and cry. Evie puts her bags into a taxi and she drives away, as Desiree watches her sister drives off the street, and flies on a plane to an unknown destination. While flying, Evie thought about Benson and the memories that they had together, even their clashing from the beginning. 

Hours later, Evie arrives to a small cabin in the mountain in an unknown snowy destination and settles herself inside. She looks around the cabin and sighs to herself. She text Desiree where she is and sent the address of the cabin she stayed, and Desiree replies that she won't tell anyone about her location. 

Evie smiles at her sister's text and then messages everyone, including her family, her in-laws and Rebecca that she has gone away for a few days and that she's safe, but tells them not to find her, before switching off her phone, so that no one can call her. 

Everyone gets the text message and is shocked to read Evie's message. They all try calling her, but her number is goes straight to voicemail. Evie settles in bed and looks at the window, as it snows outside.