thirty-six.

~~~Something To Remember Me By~~~

 The day for Adelaide's departure had arrived. Most of her belongings had been placed into boxes. All that was left to do was to put them into the moving truck. Her father had hired a few people from the moving company for them.

 At almost 8 o'clock, the Losers arrived at her house and she led them up to her room. Each of the Losers had a parting gift for Adelaide. She had given theirs already. Adelaide did a painting of things that reminded her of the Losers.

"Shit, Ben, this is so fucking sweet, you're gonna make me cry," she hugged Ben tightly after reading a poem he had wrote for her as a parting gift. 

When rain came near, 
Your eyes mimicked the color of the sky.
When the day turns dear,
Your kindness mimicked the summer air of July.

"Enough about Ben, it's my turn," Richie nudged Ben, handing Adelaide a lipstick case. 

"No way!" She laughed, slightly frowning before even opening the case. 

"Come on, open it!" He huffed, rolling his eyes. 

"Okay, geez," she giggled excitedly. When she opened it, there was a small pink lip gloss inside of it. "Did you buy me this?" She looked up at him with an ear to ear grin. 

"Yeah. But my mom helped me," he answered casually. She began laughing but not in a bad way, and her eyes stayed on him with curiosity. "It's just, you looked really pretty wearing a lip gloss the other day, okay? Don't get all soft on me," he shrugged. 

"Oh, Richie. I love you," she wrapped her arms around him. As she pulled away, she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, causing the boy to blush red. 

"Okay, enough, my turn!" Eddie whined, pushing Richie off Eddie, causing him to almost fall off the bed. 

"Fuck you!" Richie cursed to Eddie, shoving Eddie and the two began pushing each other. 

"Since they're busy, I'm gonna take the time. There, Del," Mike beamed, handing her a journal. 

"Mikey, thank you so much!" She tightly wrapped her arms around him, feeling ever so grateful to have met him. 

"I love you so much, Adelaide," he whispered. 

"I love you, too." 

"Can you guys stop for one second. Adelaide's leaving today," Stan huffed in pure annoyance, trying to break up Eddie and Richie's shoving. 

"I'm totally gonna miss this," she chuckled, admiring the picture. 

 The way Eddie and Richie kept teasing each other, their eyes holding more than just platonic love. She admired the two. She admired them and they didn't even know it.

 Stan had managed to break the two and Eddie gave Richie one last weak slap before turning to Adelaide, handing out his hand that held a paper bag. Frowning, Adelaide looked inside and brought out a small bottle of perfume.