thirteen.

~~~Adelaide Really Is A Girl~~~

 After the living nightmare occured, Adelaide's father had made her some tea and he brought it up to her room where she laid in bed, shivering cold and frightened. He didn't dare to ask her further questions to avoid the returning of the watermarks. Adelaide tried her best to steady her hands as she brought the mug of tea closer to her lips. Her body warmed when the first taste of the rose tea touched the tip of her tongue. 

 Her father had gone back to the garage and she was trying to fall asleep and just forget the whole scene. It wasn't truly surprising when she found that she could not drift off to slumber. She had gotten her hair free from the rounded hair tie to further relax herself but nothing worked. She didn't know what else to do so she decided to enter her bathroom, putting down gently her mug on the bedside table before walking away. 

 She opened one of the drawers under the sink counter and brought out a box that contained scissors as well as a comb, along with a hair dryer and a hair curler. Those were her supplies for whenever she needed a change of look in her hairdo. She looked up at the mirror in front of her and turned on the tap at the sink to wash her tired face that were puffy from the tears she let out. 

 Adelaide took a comb and gently combed her hair, which was a slight wave and not truly straight. Her hands moved slowly, and at first, they trembled and shook heavily but she had managed to steady herself enough to bring the scissors to the preferred length. The scissors snipped sharply at every force, and her waves fell to the dry bathroom floor beneath her feet. 

 Her hair was then around shoulder length. Her fingers twirled around the strands as she examined her hair further, searching for flaws. She ended the process by trimming the edges to naturalize the look and she combed through her hair once more, feeling much more satisfied and glad. Her heart had stopped beating so rapidly as it returned to a steady pace, calmness washing over her though the picture of the night was still stuck in her brain.

 Adelaide had woken up the next morning with the memory of the night before still plastered in her mind. Even her sleep was disturbed with the nightmare that her mind conjured up from the things she saw. Or rather, didn't see. She was still contemplating whether it truly had been all in her head or whether it was real.