twenty-four.

~~~Approaching Neibolt~~~

"Bill!" Adelaide yelled, kicking down the kickstand of her bike as she reached the creepy Victorian house. 

 The front of the house looked like a face. It looked like an angry old man. There were overgrown weeds and sunflowers around the lawn that surrounded the smelly house. The fences were spiky and there was a dead naked tree in the vicinity. Adelaide could feel everything wrong about it but she got herself to enter the fence to follow after Bill. 

 He hadn't expected anyone to follow him. Yet at the same time, he knew Adelaide would stay by his side no matter what, just as he would for her. Bill turned around as she walked ahead, stopping just before the steps that would lead to the porch. Just then, the sound of bikes clattered onto the hard ground was heard as the other Losers had followed the two. 

"Bill, you can't go in there," Adelaide reasoned, approaching him on the steps though she stopped just before reaching the bottom of the steps.

"This is crazy," Beverly agreed, approaching the other girl.

"Look, you don't have to come in with me," Bill began, looking saddened as he scanned the small crowd. "But what happens when another Georgie goes missing?" He paused, already gaining everyone's attention as they looked up to their unofficial leader who stood halfway on the stairs. "Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us?" He made sure to emphasize, letting the others know how serious the situation was.

 Adelaide couldn't help but feel admiration overtake her. She would do anything for Bill, she knew that and so did he.

 "Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can't," his voice almost cracked with tears but he managed to steady his tone. Silence dawned upon them all for a second before Bill added, "I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there." Bill's eyes had darted towards Adelaide who he knew would understand him in a way. "His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals," he smiled a little at the last bit, reminiscing his brother. "But, he isn't." 

 Bill's vision grew more watery as silence returned. The Losers were unsure of their next move. Except for Adelaide and Richie. The two trusted Bill more than anyone ever could. Their trust for the boy could be dangerous, especially now.

 But they looked up to him, they admired him, they loved him. It was different for Richie and Adelaide but underneath it all, the two would always be the first ones to follow Bill through anything, and they knew that. 

"So, walking into this house, for me," his voice trembled a little as he tried to supress his tears. "It's easier than walking into my own."

 Adelaide could feel the overwhelming sense of pride at the realization that Richie soon voiced out. She loved him and there was not much she wouldn't do for Bill. Knowing how important this was for Bill, she curled her lips into a small smile. Bill took notice and he was hit with gratitude as well as appreciation for the girl he had known in his entire life.