51. protect each other

Start from the beginning

He ignores her and stands directly behind her. He grabs a fistful of her hair and pulls her head up, making her whimper in pain. Her face comes into sight of the camera and I pause it, looking closer at the woman.

Who the fuck is she?

Her eyes were blood red, probably from tears. I zoom in on her face. I feel like I've seen her before but can't recall when I did. My face twists in confusion. That's when I noticed her features.

Her grey eyes and her dark black hair. I've seen her. I've seen her in that picture Vincent has in his house. This seems like his mother. What the fuck?

My eyes darted between her and the date on the camera. It can't be. This was recorded two days ago and his mother has been dead forever. It can't me. Surely, my eyes are seeing wrong.

I play the video again, and I see Leo's lips moving. I press the volume button to listen.

"Say hi to the camera." He sings wickedly.

She whimpers and struggles in her seat, trying to let herself free. He ignores her and takes out a knife from the tray sitting next to them. He runs it along her arms. I can see long scars and stab marks on them now that I look closely.

What the fuck is he doing?

My hands turn sweaty as I stare at the screen in front of me. He digs the knife into her arm and she lets out a blood curdling scream. My hand shoots out to the laptop and I slam the screen down, muting the sound from my ears.

I exhale a shaky breath. This was too much to take in span of like 10 fucking minutes. Vincent's mother is alive? And Leo knows about it? Leo's the one who has her?

I have to tell Vincent. Does he know his mother's alive? Did Leo keep this from him? I get up from my chair and bolt towards the door, feeling my back pocket for my phone. I have to call a meeting or some shit.

I open the door and come face to face with Leo. We both look equally startled to see each other. He looks at me shocked and his eyes go down to where my hand holds my phone. It all happens so fast I don't even realize it. He pushes us inside and smacks the phone out of my hand.

Since I'm still in a state of shock, I don't even realize what's happening until I feel a gun pointed to my head. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He asks.

"You know. You know she's alive." I whisper, taking heavy breaths. I still can't believe it.

His face pales and he digs the gun further into my skull, "You saw the USB." He realizes.

"No shit I did." I sneer, "You fucking bitch. Vincent thinks she's dead and the whole time, she's with you!"

He glowers at me, "And he'll continue to think that. You won't say a fucking word."

"Like hell I won't." I say, pushing him harshly. I snatch the gun from his hands and slam the butt of it against his head. He stumbles in his spot and I take that to my advantage as I kick his legs out from under him.

He falls onto his knees in front of me and I hold the gun to his head, "Where is she?"

"I'm not fucking telling you." He growls.

"I'm sure you'll tell Vincent." I said. I knew Vincent would play no games when it came to his mother. The second I told him Leo has her, Leo's fucking dead.

"He doesn't need to know and you won't say shit either." He says sharply.

I nearly laugh, "What makes you think that?"