34. sworn enemy

Chapter 34

Vincent Laurent

I walked up the stairs after my morning workout. I told everyone to be up around 7 yesterday since I wanted to discuss things about the person trying to end us.

Last night just before I fell asleep I got a text from one of my men, letting me know that someone tried to steal shit from my warehouses. Whoever it was, didn't know I had snipers on the rooftop so they didn't get far before a bullet went through their head.

I knew it wasn't just some random person who thought they could take some drugs from me. The person was dressed in all black and when my men did a background check, nothing could be found.

I made my way into the kitchen to get a glass of water. Everyone was already here, except Oriya. Even Ryder and Sarah were awake. When I left the room to workout she was awake so I wondered what was taking her so long.

I got some of my men to attend this meeting too. Oriya and I came up with a plan last night and I intended on following it through. We needed some back-up because it was kind of risky.

Everyone noticed my presence and the random chatter they had going on stopped. The room went dead quiet. I nodded at them and they started up again. I took a seat on my spot at the table, the head.

The doors burst open and Oriya steps in. Everyone stops talking again. She looks at them before making her way at the head on the other side of the table. Every man in the room gapes at her as she fixes her jacket. She nods at everyone and they continue talking again.

Oriya and I look at each other across the table. Sienna and Kena sat around the corner, beside her and Lucas and Theo sat around the corner beside me. Her eyes fall on the strand on my forehead.

I pulled it out on purpose just for her to push it back. Lucas noticed our eye contact and nudged my shoulder. I look away from Oriya and scowl at him,

"What?" I ask.

"Notice how you never do this to Oriya. You actually have conversations and shit with her. I think someone has a little crush." He says in a teasing tone.

I don't say anything. That was the stupidest thing I had ever heard. Me like Oriya? Please, I would rather eat a toe.

"Silence means guilt." Theo taunts me. Lucas chuckles and nods in agreement with Theo. Why the fuck am I friends with these shits?

"When have I ever wanted to speak with you two?" I grumble, "I do not like her."

I rise from my seat as does Oriya. The room quiets down and all their attention shifts towards us.

"As we know, there's been some rumors' of us being attacked and another truce being called. It's all true." Oriya confirms.

I notice how people's faces break into a smile as they all look at each other in excitement.

"However, we don't know who this person attacking us is." I said.

Everyone's faces morph into confusion. I nod over to Oriya for her to explain the situation and what we know until now.

"Antonio was just a distraction sent by someone. That someone being the person who actually wants us dead."

"So while Antonio was blowing up warehouses and shit, that someone was up to something but as of right now, we don't know what that someone was up to." She explains.

"And that's what we intend to figure out." I finished.

"How do we know that for sure?" Someone asks from the crowd.