51. protect each other

Chapter 51

Oriya Deronte

I wander around the halls of the house, finally taking a fucking breather as I finally get away from everyone. Ever since I came back from escaping Angelo's hellhole, none of them will leave me alone.

I just had a little talk with Sarah. I am stuck with the phrase 'Only dorks need therapy.' in her head. She kept repeating it like it was the only words she knew and I honestly couldn't have been more proud. 

I was on floor where Vincent doesn't let people on but who the fuck was I to listen to him? This was the only place I could catch a break from all of them. I would go to the library but it doesn't feel the same without Vincent in there with me.

I stare at the wall with random art pieces nailed onto them. They're pretty boring if you ask me. I halted in my steps as I walked past a slightly open door. I took a few steps back and peered into it, wondering who was in there.

I see Leo sitting behind a big desk, in front of a laptop. The fuck? He isn't supposed to be here.

I squint my eyes in suspicion. He looks nervous? Like he's doing something bad and he's worried he'll get caught. Well surprise, you have been. It's his fault in all honesty. He should learn to lock doors.

His head turns to the door and I back up against the wall, hoping he didn't see me. When I hear him typing again, I know he didn't. I peek again to see him dragging a shaky hand down his face.

What the hell is he hiding on that damn laptop? It was really none of my concern. I should walk away and let him do this thing. I was about to walk away but then I heard his chair rolling. Oh shit. He's going to find out I was watching him.

His footsteps come closer to the door and I thank the lord above this hallway is dark. I press my back against the wall, hiding in the shadows. I cross my fingers and pray he doesn't sense my presence.

I hold my breath as he steps out. Leo exhales and walks right past me. I watch him go inside another door. Now, I have two options. Mind my business... or find out what he's hiding. I chose the second option.

I slip into the office and the doors shut behind me because of the wind. I jump at the sound and hold my heart, "Shit." I curse.

I make sure the door can still be opened and plop down on his chair. There's a single USB plugged into the laptop which is currently loading. I searched his desk and in one of his drawers, there's many USB's labeled 'empty.'

What the hell is he going to use all these for?

I raise an eyebrow. What are you up to Leo? The laptop dings, letting me know the file is loaded. I click it to see it's a video. I put the volume lower in case Leo hears it and press play.

If it's his sex tape, I swear to fucking god.

It's kind of muffled in the beginning. I can tell the recording as the video camera has it in the bottom left corner. It was dated 2 days ago from today. You can kind of see where it's being recorded now. It looks like a little cell? I can't tell.

Whoever's recording sets up the camera in front of a woman. She's tied down to a chair by her hands and legs. She's breathing heavily like she's panting for air.  Her head hangs and her hair covers her face.

I sit up in the chair, "What the fuck?" I whisper.

Leo comes to view in the camera frame and he stalks over to the woman in the chair. "Please. No. No." She sobs.