After Satbir ji returned from cremation ground he went for a bath. His eyes were red. I didn't said much to him. Me and Kanwal Daadi returned after 8 pm. I took a bath and slept for a while. I woke up after some time and went to eat. Kabir was already present there eating his dinner. "How was your day?" I asked.
"Fine. I am sorry for your loss." He said which surprised me.
"Loss? Don't be formal with me. You know it doesn't matters to me." I said.
I served myself and started to eat.

I again went to Satbir ji's house on her chautha. I did same thing as that day. Nothing. I sat with everyone. This time more people had gathered. After some time I got up from there and walked towards the garden. I stood ther for a while as it was becoming claustrophobic. The sunrays were strong as it was 2 in the afternoon. I took deep breathes but the breeze was warm too. The heat of the sunrays were now burning me up. I covered my head with my white dupatta, closed my eyes for a while and stood there with the support of the wall. For a moment the burning sensation of the sunrays went away. "Ambar." Someone called me. I opened my eyes and looked towards my left. It was Prithvi. He was standing at a respectable distance from me but yet his shadow was falling on me. "Prithvi!" I said. "What are you doing here?" I asked. 
"Well, I got a cramp by sitting in one position so I got up to get my back straight. What are you doing here?"
"It was quite suffocating there so I came here." I said. He looked at me and then nodded. "I am sorry about your Naani." He said.
"Its alright, I only met her once in my life." I replied. He looked at me all amused. "That's also right. Why don't you come inside. Its Summer and you might get a heat stroke." He said. Heat stroke would be fine than being in that funeral party. I thought. "People have started to leave." He said. 
I walked inside the house. As I walked in most of the people had already left which was quite a relief. I stood near Kanwal Daadi. We left from there after everybody else left. 
Everything seemed fine after that when one fine day Manav asked me to meet at Jito's. I went there with Jahnavi to avoid suspicion. He was already sitting there drinking cold drink. Pratik was also there sitting across him. As soon as Prateek saw me he got up and sat on another table. Jahnavi went towards Prateek's table and I sat in front of Manav.
"Hey, what is it?" I asked. 
He looked down towards his crossed arms. "Ambar". He said and released a sigh, "I am sorry, but we cannot"
"I understand." I said. 
"You understand right, I mean I don't wish to get in any kind of scan-"
"I said I understand Manav, I don't wish to repeat it again. We can end it on good note on the basis of respectfully ending things without muttering any other word." I knew this was coming. Manav is a practical guy but too calculative as well. He comes from a family of hard working people who have gained their upper class status in society through extreme hard work. He knows that nothing of this could go for the long run. So it would be right to end it all.
I got up from the chair and so did he. I forwarded my hand and we shook our hands together. "All the best Manav Taneja." I said. 
"Ambar, we still can be friends." I smiled and looked at him.
"Trust me, we cannot." I said. "Let's go Jahnavi." I said and we left from Jito's. 
While I was leaving Jito's I heard Jahnavi snitching on Manav. I waited for Jahnavi to come out and along with her Prateek also left. "I thought you would stay with Manav." I said. 
"No." He said. "Its him not you." He said. I smiled. That was so self assuring. I sat in between Prateek and Jahnavi. I got dumped. I just felt bad about myself but I didn't wanted to cry my eyes out. We went to another eatery just to have some paani puri and left for our home. I was feeling really weird. I can't even talk about this to Arush or anyone. I don't want to bother Jahnavi and Prateek because they already chose me over Manav which was in itself quite a brave move. Passing days was becoming difficult. I started to read Crime and Punishment. I later realized trying to read a book that has several ups and downs and more than 1800 pages requires more messed up mind and not to my amusement Board results were declared after 6 days of my break up with Manav. I checked my result and I got 93%. This was my rock bottom because before mine I checked Manav's result and he scored 95%. I got so mad at that time I wanted to smash a vase right through the screen. It would have been a very petty move but when you ex achieves more, no one can handle it. They might not show it in public but in private its all hell. That moment of rage made me feel so small. I calmed myself after sometime Kabir knocked on my door. "Hey. How much?" He asked.
"93" I replied. Turning my monitor screen towards him.
"Congratulations!" He said and hugged me. I hugged him back. 
"I will go and inform everyone." He said. I nodded. Arush would have been in college now so I texted him and then called Tejas. He scored 92%. We congratulated each other and then I Kanwal Daadi and Rina came in my room. They both congratulated me and by looking at other people's enthusiasm gave me a boost up. Somewhere in my heart even I was happy that I didn't failed physics. All the hard work paid out. Armaan gave me a new car for my passing but I couldn't drive until my birthday.

Dev's POV

After that incident from Mira's clinic I proposed her to keep a security guard for the clinic but she wouldn't agree. I went with Renu to Police station and she lodged a FIR against her husband Deepak. He got arrested and she has filed for divorce. Somedays later I got the news that Armaan got married again. God help that poor woman. Arush had already informed me that Ambar has no problem with Armaan's new wife so things should be fine for her at this moment. It was half past 1 in afternoon. Boards results were declared. I was quite worried for Ambar's results. Arush had told me that she is really scared of Physics hopefully her hard work should pay off and she should get what she wants. Suddenly there was a ring on the counter landline. I picked it up. "Hello." I said.
"Hello Chikappa!" Tejas said. "I got 92%." He said joyfully. I was pleased to know that. "Congratulations, congratulations." I said. "I am proud of you." I said. 
"And guess what?" He siad.
"What?"
"Ambar got 93." He said joyfully. 
"Oh my god!" I exclaimed. "She did." 
"Yes." He said. 
"You know what come along with Saami and Srinidhi to restaurant we all will celebrate." I said. 
"Thankyou." He said. I hanged up the call. I looked inside the restaurant.
"Serve dessert to everyone whether they have asked for it or not. Dessert is on house." I announced. Everyone looked at me in surprise. "My kids have scored really well in 12th boards." I announced. I heard a lot of youngsters cheering. I am so proud of Ambar. She is doing well for herself.