Chapter|Two

A couple of months passed and the Russian mafia was very successful in interrupting the flow of the Italian mafia's drug shipments. Several of their warehouses had been destroyed and half of the men were killed or held for questioning. Yet none of them said anything and Silvester had to dispose of them.

Alexander spun around in his chair while smoking his cigar. He was elated yet troubled. He had no idea why it was so easy to take down the Italian Mafia. Why was there no rebuttal?

Silvester sat adjacent to him, looking at the monthly report of weapons transactions that took place. He fixed his glasses and looked up and gazed upon Alexander who was lost in thought and not focused on what he was reporting.

"Что у вас на уме?" he asked him after some time.

(What's on your mind?)

"Это слишком просто. Я чувствую, как будто грядет что-то большое." he responded.

(This is too easy. I feel as if something big is coming)

"I just hope we would be prepared for it." he continued.

"We are prepared but I would take some extra precautions. The Latin mafia is willing to lend a couple of soldiers just in the event that we head to war." Silvester responded.

"Lend? If they die in battle I assume they would want some type of reimbursement?"Alexander asked sarcastically.

"That's just the way it is." Silvester shrugged and they continued looking at the reports.

...

"Another shipment has been stolen sir, and another warehouse was blown up," she reported to the Don of the Italian Mafia.

"Perché non sono sorpreso?" he responded tightly.

(Why am I not surprised)

The Sicilian Mafia leader was a protector. He would do anything for Cosa Nostra members and they all loved him dearly. Unlike Alexander, he never believed in unnecessary violence unless provoked to do so. He would not hurt innocent families or children. He believed strongly in protecting anyone he loved.

Being The Don of the Italian mafia meant he had to be strong and quick to think. Maranzano loved his people. Being in the Mafia was not something he had dreamed of but rather it was passed down to him when he was seventeen years old.

When he turned forty years old he finally met the love of his life, Isa. They have been together for five wonderful years. Many had an issue because of her race. Nevertheless, he set them straight. It was a combination of two worlds and it only made them stronger. She was his African Queen, his warrior, his savior.

She had no problem being the wife of the Mafia King. If anything she adored the power it gave her. She loved her husband deeply and he protected her. When many called him the 'Don', she called him the 'Dark Knight' and he loved it.

Maranzano was well aware that there was a mole in the organization. This is why he kept a very close circle and only allowed certain high-rank individuals on where the real drug locations were. He had fed the rest of his men fake intel, and his suspicions were correct.

He would soon find the threat and eliminate the competition. All in due time.

"Qual è la prossima mossa signore?" one of the men in the board roomed questioned.

(What is the next move, sir?)

"They can't keep taking and destroying our product." one said.

"How do they always know when we are about to get product anyway?" another one coined in.