Josh - Chapter 11

Well Tyler left abruptly, I think to myself.

I wonder what was so important that he had to pretend his phone was ringing to get out?

I knew he was pretending, I'm not stupid enough to fall for the fake-phone-ringing-trick , I just wish I knew what was so important....

Oh well.

A Nurse came in to check my iv levels and I asked her,

"When can I get out of this place?"

She replied with "In a few days, we are just waiting for your blood pressure to go down."

That sounds pretty good to me. I hope that once I leave this place I never have to come back ever again!

I will definitely play hockey again, though I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would.

It feels kinda nice not to have loads of pressure put on you to be perfect. It's also nice not to have Dad yelling right in my ear, or my brothers using all the hot water in the shower, though here in hospital I'm not allowed to shower incase I fall over....

It's really awkward having a nurse wash your body from a metal bowl!

I really can't stand the food any more though, I need to get out of this place.

*3 days later*

"So I know you only recently came out of hospital, but as they sent you home you must be okay so you need to work twice as hard to catch up!" Coach AKA my loving father yells at me.

I nod, because I'm scared that if I open my mouth I might swear at him.

My teammates come off the ice and I'm not allowed off too because I have to do the drills all over again. This feels more like a punishment than a welcome back.

When I finally finish I get off the ice and slump down on a bench.

The figure skate team, who were waiting for me to finish, all dart past me into the ice. All apart from Amy, who reaches into my skate bag and chucks me my bottle of water.

I nod gratefully at her and glug the cold liquid down. Man, it feels good.

Before I can swallow and speak to her, she's gone, speeding round the ice doing her warm ups.

I take my skates, my padding and my jersey off, leaving me shirtless with my six pack on show. I look up to see all the figure skaters on the ice gazing at me.

"Hey, Josh, cover up, this is not a strip club!" Calls the figure coach.

I throw her a cheeky grin and walk into the changing room.

Slinging my bottoms off, I step into the shower. Letting the hot, steamy water run over my sore muscles, I sigh in contentment. This is one of my favourite parts about ice hockey.

Just then I hear some footsteps and immediately stop smiling. There is no shower curtain and my towel is all the way on the other side of the room.

Why oh why did I not take my towel over here with me??

I call out "Don't come in!" and the giggling gets a bit louder.

Boys don't giggle, it must be one of the more plucky figure girls on a dare.

I'm partly right about that.

It is a figure girl, Olivia to be precise, but it wasn't a dare, it was an attempt to share a steamy shower with me.

"Oh sorry I've come into the wrong changing room, I'll just leave now....unless you want me to stay?" She flirts.

"Um, no you can go." I reply.

I'm only just managing to cover myself with my hands, and have my back to her.

"Oh. Ummmm.." She falters.

"Bye then." I state.

"Aaaaaahhhh! Oh no I just slipped over aaaand..." She frantically searched for an excuse to stay and get me out of the shower, naked.

"PLEASE GO." I say.

I grab the nearest thing to me, which just so happens to be a shower gel, and throw it at her.

It hits her right in the face, damn my good aim.

She cries out a little, in surprise more than pain, and I quickly hear retreating footsteps.

Good, she's gone. Now I can enjoy my shower in peace.

A/N

Well that chapter was a bit steamy - literally! Ignore my bad jokes. Thanks for 430 reads, reads, comments, votes and follows make my day!

Comment what you think so far!