Tyler - Chapter 10

"And I thought you looked...." I falter.

Now I'm properly looking at her I want to say cute and cool and amazing and beautiful and so many more....

Get a grip Tyler.

"I thought you looked interesting."

NOO! Why the hell did I say 'interesting' what is wrong with me?!

"Uh that's nice that you think I'm interesting..? My name is Amy." She uncomfortably twiddled her hair, the pink tips twirling round and round and round like she did on the ice the other day....

"STOP IT!" I think.

Amy gives me a VERY strange look and I suddenly realise that I said that out loud. VERY out loud.

"Okayi'dbettergonowthenbye." She hurriedly says and practically runs away from me.

So that went well.

**in hospital with Josh after practice**

"So how'd it go mate?" He asks me excitedly.

I tell him it went great and fail to mention the awkwardness and me yelling at her to stop it and her running away from me..

"Her name is Amy," I eventually spit out.

"Amy, Amy.." he rolls it around on his tongue. "Good name."

"Uh, yeah," I agree.

Just then I am struck by a thought.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you want to know her name?" I ask, with my fingers crossed. I really hope he doesn't fancy her, any competition is bad competition.

"Uhhhhhhhh, ikindafancyherdon'tjudgeme," he mumbles.

Damn it!

"Yeah that's cool," I reply, not meaning a word of it.

I am suddenly overwhelmed by the need to get out of that room and pretend my phone is ringing. I know it's stupid but desperate times call fire desperate measures.

"Oh is that my phone? I'd better answer it," I say.

"I don't hear a phone," States a confused Josh.

"Oh you must have lost your sense of hearing from your accident yeah I gotta take this call bye!" I leave the room without waiting for his reply.

Now all I need to do is make Amy not want to run away from me....