Josh - Chapter 6

"Joshhhh, Josh, can you hear me? Wake upppp...."

Groggily, I open my eyes. I'm in a bright room that smells of disinfectant.

Where am I?

"Ah Josh, you're awake!"

I look to my right and I see my Dad smiling down at me. "You had quite a hit, Son."

Huh?

"What happened? Where am I?" I question.

"You're in hospital dumbass" says the ever-so-helpful Matt. He is sitting to the left of my narrow hospital bed.

"THATS ENOUGH JOHNSON. YOU SHUT UP OR YOU'RE OFF THE TEAM THIS SEASON." Roars my Dad.

Matt blushes and turns away. "Says you .."

"What was that Johnson?" My Dad yells.

"Nothing. God get a life." Retorts Matt.

"Matt, get out before he puts you in a hospital bed too." I advise.

Matt sighs and slouches out of the room.

"So Dad what actually happened??"

"Well Matt over here hit the puck too high, and you were concentrating on God knows what but you weren't watching the puck and it came and hit you right between your visor and the cage of your helmet."

"Oh" I say as I remember what, or who, I was thinking about. That girl.

"Josh? What in hells name were you thinking about?"

"Uh Dad I'm really tired right now I think I'd better rest right now bye."

At which point I close my eyes and pretend to fall fast asleep.

Dad leaves the room with a shocked expression on his face, no one talks to him like that. But he made an exception for his son, who was in hospital anyway, poor sod.

Phew that was a close one, I think to myself. He'd better not find out about that girl or I'll be in serious trouble..