●Chapter Twenty-Five●

At dinner, Coach caught up with us and pulled me to the side to talk. 

"Hey, how's today gone?" 

"Well...I've felt empty for a good majority of it. Kenma helped me sign up for online therapy and another app that shows me how long I've been clean for. I still feel sort of empty, but...I'll survive I guess."

"Hey, at least we're taking a step in the right direction. As for the empty feeling, you've done everything I'd tell you to do. Hang out with friends, play games, try and laugh. Sometimes that feeling just kind of happens and it'll go away on its own."

"I did break out of it with music earlier, started crying. But after that I was empty again."

"If you need to, do it again. Listen to the same song that broke you from it earlier, crying and feeling is so much better than feeling nothing."

"I know. Thanks, Coach." 

"No problem kid, get some food and head to bed. We're doing things tournament style tomorrow. One game at a time, 5 set game style." He said. 

"Oh god, we're gonna get out right away."

"Maybe, but that's okay. Take it as a chance to showcase your skills, show you've grown since you got here. That's why we came. We knew you guys were behind the other teams, all we wanted was to get you guys a few new attacks to use, some motivation, the opportunity to grow, and some new friends."

"I've definitely made some new friends." I smiled. Ooh! Happiness! Yay! Feeling!

"Get going, you know where to find me if you need me." He smiled as he walked to the coach's table. I headed back to my table as well. 

"What'd he want?" Daichi asked. 

"Just checking in because yesterday." 

"Speaking of, how is your head? You hit it pretty hard." 

"I'm okay now, this morning sucked though." 

"At least you're feeling better." He smiled. I smiled too. I hate making him worry. 

"Sleepover again? Or are we splitting?" Kuroo asked. 

"I'm cool with either. I kinda wanna play Mario Kart again." I replied. 

"Are we getting high before that or?" Kenma laughed a bit. 

"I tripped last time. If we do, I'm not getting super high and we are not doing rainbow road." I said. 

"Fair enough." 

We went back to the dorm, showered, smoked, and then set up the game. We decided to play some of the team games on there. They're interesting, but I have to admit I'm not good at them. At least not the one where you're trying to lock the other team in a jail cell. 

We got to one am before Coach came in. 

"Quiet down. I don't care if you're up but don't keep me up. God, you kids and your Mario kart." 

"Sorry!" I laughed. 

"You're good, just Try and keep it down. I do recommend sleeping too, at least a little bit." After that I heard him walk off down the hall. Oh fuck, that's right, we're doing shit tournament style tomorrow. It'll be fine...right?

"All nighter?" Kenma asked. Oh god. 

"Before I let yall do this to yourselves, you do know what we're doing tomorrow, right?" I asked. 

"Yeah, a tournament. So….all nighter?" He said. 

"I mean, if y'all are down I am." I shrugged. 

"No promises I'll make it." Daichi said. Honestly, same. 

"Cool. This should be fun." Kenma laughed as he tossed a fucking blue shell. And guess who the fuck it was coming for. Me.

"You dick wad." 

"Sucks to suck." He shrugged. 

"Not if you're sucking a dick." Noya said. 

"Jesus, Noya. Calm yourself." I looked over at the short one cuddling up to Asahi. 

"Nope, I'm good." He said, snuggling in closer. Awe. 

"As long as you don't start sucking Asahi's dick in front of me." Kuroo joked. 

"You wanna fuckin make a bet on that?" 

"Noya, the fuck? No!" Asahi tried to interject. 

"No thank you, I know you well enough to know you got the balls to do it."

"That's what I fuckin thought. Kenma, pass me the vape." Noya laughed. Kenma tossed a vape at him. Did we really turn part of Karasuno into stoners? I deadass wanna see Hinata high though, that'd be funny as fuck. Hm…

"Hey, Daichi?" I asked. 

"Oh god, what?" He could hear the mischief in my tone. 

"Can we get Hinata high?" 

"Dude, you didn't know? He already smokes with me." Kenma answered.

"The hell? Since when?" 

"Bro, we met during the first trip you guys made to Nekoma. Every other weekend or so one of us will travel to the other's place and make a weekend of smoking and gaming." 

"So that's where he goes when he says he has plans." Noya rolled his eyes. 

"Yep." 

"What's he like when he's high?" I asked. 

"The first time he smoked, he threw himself into paranoia. Every so often that'll happen, but he's typically similar to me, he mellows out a lot." 

"You mean that jumpy little carrot has a mellow side?" Bokuto was convinced he was being lied to. 

"You want me to go get him?" Kenma laughed. 

"Bet." Noya laughed. He ran over to the first year dorms, coming back with a still wide awake Hinata. 

"What are you interrupting my fanfics for?" He asked. All Kenma did was hold up the vape pen. Hinata sat and hit it a few times, getting just as high as the rest of us. 

"So...I'm gonna assume the rest of them have started this?" Hinata asked. 

"Yep. Asahi doesn't hit much, neither does Akaashi. Though, maybe it's a good idea to have some sober ones in here." Kuroo shrugged. 

"Maybe. Also, this explains all the noise." He laughed, pointing up at the makeshift screen. 

"Wanna play?" I handed him the controller. He smiled, took another hit, and then traded me objects. The carrot is actually pretty good at this game when he's high, though I'm sure he's had practice because of Kenma. 

After a while of watching I started to get tired. I know we said we were gonna do an all nighter but I knew I wasn't gonna make it. I ended up falling asleep leaning against the back wall of our room.

Word Count; 1053