Lorcan sighed but ended up scoffing, "I told her to stay back."

"You were worried," she justified.

"She was still learning to use it. She thought I was asking her to be a coward by staying back. Maybe I was being a coward, I didn't want to live without her. I didn't want to feel alone again. But..." he looked at Selena with a smile, a sad but proud smile, "She proved it that she wasn't a coward. If she hadn't healed as many warriors as she did, we would have lost and Jayce and Evelyn would have been dead. My barrier wouldn't have held if she hadn't lent me her energy. These people wouldn't have these smiles on their faces. She sacrificed herself, for people whom she didn't personally know, only because she knew that they meant something to me."

"But if you could do it again, you still ask her to stay back and find another way. You would have done anything to keep her alive."

Lorcan stilled, but then he relaxed. There was no point in trying to hide anything from Selena when she was so much like her mother, "I hate thinking like this."

"Don't," Selena smiled sadly, "You loved her. I completely understand."

"She would have loved you," Lorcan said looking at her.

"I am sure I would have loved her too."

For a second none of them spoke before Lorcan wondered out loud.

"Do you think they will hate me if they knew my thoughts?" Lorcan asked in a low voice.

"I think after the war and considering how everyone lived through the fear that came true for you, all of them will understand." Selena turned towards him with a smile.

"First with Marcella, she left me behind like I meant nothing to her, and then Clysmic... How much do I have yet to see? I feel like I am gonna die." The warlock's voice broke but he continued, "It feels like the gods and goddesses have some kind of an agenda against me."

Lorcan looked at the wolves in front of him, "I have seen them grow up. This, them so happy and alive is the only thing that is keeping me sane."

"What did the Goddess tell you?"

"What?" Lorcan asked looking confused.

Selena smiled, "I saw your face, I know she told you something."

Lorcan sighed and shook his head, "The Gods and Goddesses will never be straight with anything that they have to say."

Selena waited for Lorcan to continue but before the warlock could, another voice loud voice was heard.

"Guys!" Roy burst into the main door of the hose catching the attention of everyone. He bowed to Selena but then hesitated as if thinking if it was the right time before getting his priorities straight. "Ileana, babies, now!"

Multiples curses were heard as the wolves, the warlock and the witch rushed to get out of the packhouse and head to the hospital. The presence of Xavier was felt by the time they were in the hospital.

"Could have just linked me, Roy. That would have been faster," he grumbled as he walked to where Selena was, and instantly wrapping his arm around her.

"I apologize, alpha," Roy whispered in a low voice. He hated disappointing his alpha.

Xavier sighed and shook his head with a gentle smile. Roy had been out of his element these past few days and he made a mental note to talk to his gamma later. Like Xavier, Selena had also noticed Roy being out of it. A look was shared between the royal couple where they decided to speak to him together.

Damien too walked in soon enough to find all of them there. The door to the room opened and Ryan stumbled out with wide eyes, making everyone look at him with concern.