-(25)-

I felt empowered sitting on the balcony in my room, with the wind making my long hair go wild and the breeze making me close my eyes and relish in the coldness

I felt empowered sitting on the balcony in my room, with the wind making my long hair go wild and the breeze making me close my eyes and relish in the coldness. Tonight was my official birthday ball, and it was going to a ball alright. I get to meet my future husband, and my future parents in law. 

Just kidding, I do have a plan though. It's pretty stupid and I doubt they will fall for it but it would be extremely funny if they did. I was now 15. 3 more years until I can leave legally but even then they would drag me back. I got to admit, Jace's plan was pretty awesome but also extremely hard to pull off. 

I mean these are my brothers we are trying to fool here.

But either way, sitting here with my legs hung over the sides, carefree of if I die or not, I felt strong, like I could do anything, cue the dramatic music.... Okay never mind. I realise now that I did have something to live for, to take revenge for my mothers death, to kill the Russians who killed her. I knew that I would be free without my brothers for a while untill they might figure it out, and even by then I will be long gone.

"Aurora...", I heard Damien say behind me, walking slowly up to me, idiot thought I would jump. 

"Relax Damien, I'm just chilling here", I said. He nodded but came over and lifted me up and put me back down onto the ground.

"So what's your plan for tonight?", He asked with a smirk. I rolled me eyes and tapped my nose. I wasn't worried about giving it away to Damien as he would be easy to fool otherwise. My father on the other hand would have a field day if he figured it out. Apparently other family will be there, including that snitch who told them, Dominico. Turns out I had a shit ton of cousins more than I thought, a few female ones but mostly male. 

God I miss Lila and Petal. They were like my sisters and I didn't even know them that long. I'm so happy that Petal found her father and that he was a kind soul to her. It was strange though, how easily they gave her up. I sigh and go into my room and head to the kitchen.

On the way I heard many voices talking to eachother.

"WHAT! You can't do that, we don't want her back here", I heard Romeo say. I'm guessing they are talking about Petal.

"This isn't about having that whore back, it's about the allience, imagine how strong we would be if we used her and Aurora for marriage. Aurora for the English, and the bitch for Spanish, we would be unstoppable", Vin said. I snuck down one more step knowing they couldn't see me.

"Look, all we have to do is order a hit on Petal father, she would have to come live with her mother, and think of it this way, she is 17 right? We will wed her off when she turns on her 19th birthday, that way Aurora will be 17 and they can be wed straight away", My father said in a stern voice.

"But what about the girls?", Stone asked. I think he had a small soft spot for Petal as she was the only girl in the house before me, but he also treated her like crap to make sure my brothers don't disown him. Hey he picked his side.

"They are handsome blokes, lots of money to take-", My father started to say.

"NO DAD, HE MEANT THE GIRLS! Being married to a random stranger just cause your family are in the mafia! They new don of the English mafia is a complete dick and he will just use our baby sister for children and cheat on her, and as for Petal, she is still a kid dad, either way we should wait till they are at least 21", Damien said with a furious tone.

"ENOUGH, what dad says goes, whether Aurora and Petal like it or not, its for the family and they will understand in the future"Vin said. I could feel him smiling from here from all the power he will get from us. Two can play at that game. I needed to warn Petal though about the hit on her father, the police couldn't protect them and I had to get a message to them somehow.

"She will disown us you know, act like we don't exist, she is terrified of us as it is, to her we are just men who threatened and hurt her", I heard someone say but the voice wasn't clear as people were moving about.

Shit.

I ran as quietly as I could upstairs and ran into my room. I close the door as slowly as I could when I heard voices come up the stairs. I opened the door to my balcony and stood resting against the edge where Damien left me.

I heard someone open the door. I turned to see everyone stood there staring at me.

"Yes?", I said quietly. If I acted afraid it would help my plan even more. I looked down and put my hand over my body. I looked up to see everyone stood there staring including father.

"Please get ready, we just need to discuss something with you first", He said. I nodded but didn't move from my spot. Vin went to grab my arm but I flinched away towards Damien. I've never seen him so hurt before but he fully deserves it.

"See", Damien whispered to the other thinking I couldn't hear. I just walked past them with my body tense and cold as I sat as far away from them as possible. They all sat on the bed or stood around the room waiting.

"As you know you will be meeting Aurthur tonight and his parents, we want full respect. You will dance with him and spend time with him as the years go on. On your 17th birthday, he will propose and you will say yes. Petal will be back soon and she will also be with her furture husband when she turns 19. Be polite tonight and on your best behaviour otherwise you will spend alot more than a week down there.", My father said coldly.

What he said was complete bullshit, I mean I didn't want to be rude to the boy as he probably hates it as much as I do. I nodded and looked at the floor. They all seemed quite shocked that I didn't fight them.

"That's it?", Vin asked. I looked up to him with cold eyes.

"Yes, anything else Vinicio?", I asked coldly. I knew calling him Vinicio would sting but to be honest I really didn't care anymore.

"Yes actually Aurora, I expected you to scream from the rooftops that you arw a strong woman who needs no man", He said confused. I looked up at him.

"It's your choice to wed me off, not mine, after all, you are my brother", I said back in an icy tone. 

"If that's all, I need to get ready", I said looking down at the floor. It was easy to act like a victim, it was harder to act strong. 

"Right, well if all goes right tonight we will have Petal back in a few weeks", He said. I nodded and continued to look at the floor.

"See she won't even look at us", Damien said and stalked out of the room. I look up slightly to see Stone and Nevio looking at me like I had just killed there puppy. They leave the room quietly, as Kieran and Kyle follow. Romeo soon followed. 

I was left with Vin and father staring at me.

"What's the deal?", Vin asked. I looked up confused. 

"Why are you being like this?", He asked. Father looked confused and a little bit worried. I sighed heavily. Jesus I should get an oscar.

"Maybe I'm just tired of fighting. Of having to be strong. Of you treating me like I'm some object to be used for power.", I said looking up. "But when I am living with my husband, don't expect a call from me ever, my children will learn to hate their uncles, and their grandpa, they will learn even if it takes years for that to happen. Like I said, I'm accepting it as long as you do. Now please I need to get ready", I said quietly. 

I see tears in both their eyes but it comes and goes as quickly as I see it. They nod and leave the room.

I was okay with the plan now, the didn't care about my happiness, they cared about power. 

I cared about power too.