Blowing Bubbles (Sadie Kane) ✨ | ღ

Sept. 28th, 2021

Anonymous asked:

Hi, can I request a Kane Chronicles fanfic, where Sadie meets her GN magician S/O who, as a romantic gesture, blew a giant magic bubble around them, putting her and S/O inside a bubble, to drift through the skies, to relax and enjoy the bubble ride?

I made it a short drabble! Mostly because I have yet to fully figure out how to write for Sadie, but that is fine! Hope you enjoy!

pairing: Sadie Kane x reader Word count: 550 Warnings: none!

-Asja

You were so excited. For the past few weeks you had secretly been practicing this spell, mostly with Carter, because you wanted to surprise your girlfriend Sadie. Well, it was not totally unprompted because Sadie had been complaining about never doing anything romantic together, given that most of the time you spend together was teaching other magicians or going to school. It was not that you blamed her for wanting more romance, but that did mean you were going all out trying to swoon your girlfriend.

All that was needed now was to get Sadie.

'Hello, beautiful,' you greeted Sadie with a grin as she shot one back. 'Hello, (Y/n),' she shot you a look, sitting up from her comfortable position on her bed. As soon as she was sitting up you grabbed her arm and started dragging her somewhere. 'Where are we going?' Sadie did not resist at all. Sure, she minded getting up, but she did not mind the mischievous look in your eyes or the way you seemed to suppress a grin forming on your face. This just made her heart skip a beat, and she looked away to save herself from your face. 'To the roof.' You simply stated a smile breaking on your face.

'Just, sit here and wait!' you excitedly said as you set her down and started moving around to get the spell started.

As you cast the spell you became more focused on the spell than on Sadie, which she did not mind. She adored the way you tried your hardest to be romantic for her, and she loved the concentration in your eyes. Sure, she might have asked for a romantic gesture in the past few weeks, but you didn't have to do this, although she was not complaining, eyeing your form up and down as the magic did it's work.

As soon as you were in the sky you shot her a grin full of pride, looking at her expectantly.

'Impressive.' she said as she gestured for you to sit next to her, 'Carter helped?' She laughed as you guiltily nodded. 'Carter actually came with the idea,' you rubbed your neck as Sadie sent you a teasing look. 'Couldn't you think of something romantic enough yourself?' You just shot her a smile as she sighed, 'Next time you can just ask me.' she said, Sadie didn't need Carter to brag about knowing her well enough.

'But I wanted it to be a surprise!' you exclaimed and Sadie moved closer to you. 'You always manage to surprise me, (Y/n).' She whispered as she pecked your cheek.

You both settled down in the bubble you had created, leaning against one another. The world around you was shifting, buildings big and small. Sadie pointed out that the people looked like ants, and you pointed out that the clouds looked like mermaids earning a laugh from Sadie.

At one point she reached for your hand, entangling your fingers as you bathed in each other's warmth in the night sky. The stars above you seemed to light your way as you drifted to nowhere. Not that that matters, because as long as you two were together you could be anywhere.