Chapter one | Beginnings | edited

Start from the beginning

"Like hell you were!" The newcomer demanded enraged and sent a kick to the boys head. He swiftly landed upright again with his eyes downcast before running at the other boy who was crouching in fear. A loud crunch sounded as the boys head made contact with the wall, and he slumped holding it in pain.

The boy who had saved me stood scowling with distaste at the idiots. They shakily stood to their feet giving me one last malicious glare, and then they ran for it towards the main village.

"You're Uta Yuki aren't you?" The boy asked questionably as he crouched in front of my face.

Thank you.

"Yes." I replied sitting up with my head bowed slightly.

"We're in the same class. My name is Raidengetsu Hozuki." He replied with a smile, showing slightly pointed teeth.

~~~~

"Hitomi," The Mizukage addressed as the woman stood before her, her face drained of emotion.

"Yes Mizukage."

She didn't know why she was called, unless it was for a trip to the dango shop, Hitomi had no other reasons to be meddling with summonings from the Mizukage.

"I want you to take three young shinobi under your care for a period of time. I want you to train them, educate them, and most importantly...I want you to be a governing figure and care for them." The Mizukage told the woman who held an icy unamused glare.

"Is there any goal for all of this, Mizukage?" Hitomi questioned, moving her eyes to the side to gaze outside the window. The Mizukage sighed closing her eyes.

"These three children are all young prodigies...and I've realised that no one but yourself will be capable of handling them." She answered opening her green eyes. She reached her arm over her desk to pick up a few sheets of paper. Each one with a personal bio of each child. "Raidengetsu Hozuki, Miyuki Hoshigaki and Uta Yuki."

"All three of 'em." Hitomi sighed slouching slightly.

"Yes," the Mizukage giggled, reaching out for the woman to take the papers. "Please take care of them, cousin."

~~~~

"So where ya heading?" Raiden asks me. He told me to just call him Raiden since not every one around here enjoys the presence of the getsu trait.
I stare at him with a look of confusion and seriousness.

"What?"

He shakes his head with amusement before looking back at me with a small smile.

"I asked where you were going before you got beat up." He repeated in a somewhat different context.

"Oh," I answered dumbly before looking to the ground.

"Hey, why don't you come and-"

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I interrupted as he looked at me with his mouth slightly open from speaking.

"Because I feel like it." He answered with a shrug causing me to frown.

"So you're not going to hit me and scream at me?" I replied furrowing my brow.

"Nope." He answered smiling again before getting to his feet. "But I'll do this." He said lifting his arm so his hand was pointed at me. I flinched but his face softened and he motioned with his eyes to his hand.

"What?" I asked slightly annoyed. He sighed smiling at me.

"You take my hand, and I help you up onto your feet." He answered slightly amused as my eyes widened with realisation. I gladly tugged at his hand with mine as he pulled me up from my sitting position.

"Thanks," I mumbled rubbing my stomach. He scowled lightly as his eyes inspected the damage the two bullies had done.

"We should hang out some time." He suddenly added making me freeze with disbelief.

Someone wants to hang out with me?

"You're joking." I answered blandly and jumped onto the roof above me.

"I'm really not, Uta." He replied putting his arms behind his head lazily. "Seeya tomorrow." He finished and jumped onto the opposite roof.

"Ok," I whispered dumbstruck following his figure into the distance.

What a strange fellow...I thought to myself turning around in a sprint.

I leaped over each building, dodging chimneys and scaling the walls. I hated the very thought of walking down the occupied roads. I felt free when I was running this way, the adrenalin of speed hit me.

When I recognised the outside of my apartment I flipped from the roof, landing directly in front of my door. It's pale, chipped surface was stained with red, distinct spray paint.

WORTHLESS MURDERER

I bit my lip in frustration and reached into my bra to receive my key.

"Haha hey look! It's the future Mizukage!" An obnoxious voice mocked to the side of me. I closed my eyes with irritation swinging my door open and stepping through immediately.

Looks like I have a cleaning job tomorrow, I thought with annoyance dripping from my brain and walked to the bathroom.

At least today the damage wasn't so bad. I can fight, I have ninja skills. Kirigakure doesn't have ranks, but I'm the rank of chunin. But I don't fight my own kind, I let them walk all over me. If I didn't, I would probably get kicked out of the village, I'm just a punching bag with a worthless dream.

The cold water melted off my face as I watched red excess wash down the sink.

What the hell am I doing with my life?

I sighed looking up at the reflection in front of me. My magenta eyes were set into a glare, my dirty blonde hair dusted with blood and dirt.

I must wash my hair tomorrow, it disgusts me.

A scowl formed onto my face as I turned away, storming to my bedroom.

My boots were thrown against the wall violently as I kicked them from my feet. Sighing I slipped my uniform off and replaced it with just a baggy T-shirt.

I angrily grabbed my pillow and blanket from my bed and made my way back to the bathroom. Locking the door behind me and glancing over it in confirmation I then threw a towel into the bath tub.

The thought of sleeping in such a place sent chills to my spine, so I flattened it out before chucking my pillow onto one end and plonked myself into it. This is how I would sleep tonight, somewhere that being murdered wouldn't be so easily done.

"Goodnight Yuriko." I mumbled feeling a tear slide down my temple.

~~~~~~

Who is Yuriko I wonder?

Tell me your thoughts by commenting, and don't forget to vote!