15. "she's going to kill me"

"You're both expelled!"

I gaped as Principal Johnson yelled at Jacob and Tony. Tony looked at Principal Johnson and smirked. "I don't care." He said. He turned around and walked off of school grounds, not looking back once.

Then I turned to Jacob who had his head down. When he looked up and looked into my eyes, I almost fainted. He looked so hurt. There was just this strong gaze of pain and regret in them. He also sort of looked scared.

Principal Johnson walked through the crowd of kids and left. Soon, everyone started walking away since there wasn't anymore fighting. I watched as my friends walked back into the cafeteria. I turned around and looked back at Jacob, he looked so scared and confused.

I approached him. When I got close to him, I saw a stray tear fall from his eyes. My heart broke, this was the first time I've ever seen Jacob completely vulnerable. I wrapped my arms around his torso. "It'll be okay." I whispered into his side.

That's when I noticed he was shaking. I stepped back, keeping my arms around him, and looked at him. He looked terrified, I didn't know what he was so scared of though.

I reached my hand up and rested it on his cheek. "Hey," he looked down at me. "It'll be okay."

He stopped shaking and spoke. "No! It won't be!" He said in a low voice, shaking hard each time he spoke. "She's going to kill me." He said, with a look of complete horror on his face.

My eyes knitted together and I looked into his eyes. "Who?" I asked.

His eyes widened before his face went completely impassive. "No one." He said in a monotone voice.

I could tell that he was obviously lying but I let it slide, for now. "Look," I said to him. "I'll talk to Principal Johnson and maybe he'll lift the expulsion."

He gave me a small smile. "Thanks." He said.

I smiled back.

.....

I just left Principal Johnson's office, where we had a not-so-friendly conversation.

I argued with him longer and more intensely than I've ever argued with anyone. But the good news is he finally agreed to just suspend Jacob and Tony for a week.

Now I just have to tell them both.

I texted Jacob and asked him where his house was. I got in my car and just sat down for a couple seconds waiting for him to text me back. He eventually did, about ten minutes later. I unlocked my phone and looked at the text.

Jacob: why?

I texted him back. I have some news to tell you.

I stared at my phone for only a couple seconds before he texted back.

Jacob: it doesn't matter where my house is. Just text me whatever you have to tell me.

I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness before texting back. But I want to see the look on your face when I tell you.

It wasn't even a second later before he texted back.

Jacob: NO!

I was really surprised at that. I just couldn't believe he would get mad at me for asking to come over. I was about to text him back when he texted me again.

Jacob:I'm sorry for getting angry like that. Just please tell me.

I sighed in defeat, but I was still hurt, and sent him a text back. You're not going to be expelled, you're just suspended for a week.