20. "hey, i'm bleeding"

"Jacob, where are you?" I asked into the phone as I got into my car.

"I-I'm at the park on O-orrsbridge road..." He answered, but trailed off more near the end.

"Ok, just stay on the line. I'm on my way." I told him as I put my car into ignition and backed out of my driveway. Good thing Orrsbridge Road is just a block away.

I started off down the road while trying to keep my phone held to my ear. I had one hand on the steering while and one on my phone.

"Hey..." I heard Jacob say.

"Yeah?" I asked.

He cleared his throat and then grunted in pain. "Umm...d-did you know that you're r-really cute. A-and you have nice hair." He responded, sounding a little loopy and sleepy.

"Jacob! Hey! Hey!" I yelled into the phone. "Don't go to sleep! Okay? Do you hear me!" I started to get more frantic and my breathing was getting heavier.

"Okay..." He said but trailed off which made me more worried.

I pulled up to the park and got out of my car. "Jacob!!!" I shouted.

I heard some grunting noise near the slides so I ran over to them. As I got to then I could now make out the figure of him sitting under one of them. "Jacob..." I mumbled before running to him.

I got to him and got dowm on my knees, inspecting him for blood. I picked up his arm that was holding his stomach and found blood soaking his shirt. "Oh my god." I said, feeling a little nauseous from all the blood. "Okay, okay." I looked up at him to see him looking directly at my face.

When he noticed I looked up at him, he smiled. "Hey," he said. "I'm bleeding." He gave a light laugh.

"Yeah, I know. We need to get you to a hospital!" I said as I started pulling my phone out of my pocket but he grabbed my arm and stopped me from doing it.

"No, no you can't."

"Why not?" I asked.

"I can't go to a hospital." He responded.

I stared at him in disbelief. I sighed. "Fine, then we need to get you to my house." He nodded his head as I put my arms around his upper back and helped him stand up.

We started walking towards my car, him hissing and grunting in pain every once in a while. Once to my car, I opened the passenger side and sat him down as easily as I could.

Once he was sitting forward, I shut his door and ran around to the drivers side. I got in and put the key into the ignition. I started up the car and sped away to my house.

We were at my house in no time, especially since I was speeding. As soon as we pulled into my driveway I hopped out of the car and ran around to the passenger side. I swung the door open and slowly helped Jacob stand up out of the car.

I shut the door and locked my car as we headed towards the front door of my house. We got to the front door and I opened it before rushing in, while trying to carry his weight.

Once I was in I kicked the door shut with my foot and I was just about to sit him down on the couch when I realized that blood would get all over the cream colored couch and my mom would totally kill me. So instead, I sat him down in one of the wood dining room chairs.

As soon as I had him sitting I ran to the bathroom to grab the first aid kit. I was just about to yell for my mom when I remembered that she had a late night shift at the hospital. Yes, she's a nurse so it would be really helpful if she was here but sadly she's not.

I'll just have to try and remember some of the stuff she's taught me.

I ran back to the dining room and to where Jacob was sitting. I laid the first aid kit on the table and grabbed the hem of his shirt, helping him get it over his head. He winced when he lifted his arms up to get it over his head but cooperated none the less.

I ran the the kitchen and grabbed a red hand towel and some disinfectant wipes. I ran back to him and had him move his arm out of the way of his wound. I cleaned the blood up around it so I could get a better look at it.

Once I could see the place where he was shot, I looked in the still bleeding wound to see if the bullet was still in there. I released a shaky breath before opened the first aid kit and grabbing the tweezers.

I turned towards Jacob to inform him that I was going to need to get the bullet out when I noticed that he was starting to doze off. "Hey! Jacob!" I shouted and sat his head up straight and lightly smacked his cheek. He opened his eyes frantically, but still drowsily, and looked into my eyes. "I need you to stay with me, okay?" I said as I tried to distract him while I lowered the tweezers closer to his wound.

"Okay." He responded right before I pressed the tweezers into his wound. He winced and tensed as I did so but relaxed quickly.

I felt the tweezers lightly touch the bullet which had him wince again. "Shhh..." I whispered, trying to calm him down as I got the tweezers around the bullet that didn't seem to go too deep to hit a major artery but deep enough to make him lose as much blood as he has.

I slowly started pulling the bullet out. As soon as the tweezers came out with the bullet, I sighed in relief as I stopped the bleeding and cleaned his wound up.

.....

I watched as a shirtless, bandaged up Jacob slept peacefully in my bed.

God, that was scary. I thought to myself. He lost a lot of blood, he's lucky that I lived so close to that park because if I would've been even a couple minutes later, I would've lost him.

Wait, what do you mean you would've lost him. He's not yours to lose in the first place.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard him moan. I looked over at him and saw him with open eyes and look over at me.

He held his hand out to me. I hesitated for a second before deciding to walk over and take his hand.

When I did, he scooted over a little so I had room to lay down next to him on the bed. I sighed before laying down. As soon as I was completely down on the bed, he put his arm behind my head and pulled me to him.

So now my head was laying on his chest and his arm was wrapped around my shoulders.

"Thank you." He said, to which I nodded my head.

At that second, I made a promise to myself that after this night I was never going to talk to him again unless he started telling me stuff. But I highly doubt-

"She's my drug dealer." He cut my little rant in my head off.

I sat up and looked at him, surprised that he was talking to me. "What?" I asked, needing to hear it again since I was still in shock that he was telling me stuff.

"She's my drug dealer." He repeated.

"And she's the one who shot me."

.....

OmGoShh..

I'm so sorry that I didn't update last week but I was busy getting ready for school to start. And then I didn't update this past weekend because I started school on Monday and I was honestly so nervous.

Plus I was sort of in a writers block for this chapter.

So sorry about all that.

And now that the school year has started it'll be harder for me to update but I will still try to update weekly so please just hang in there with me guys.

Anyways, did anyone like this chapter or was it pretty shitty, cause I feel like it was haha.

Anyway...

THANKS!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

read~enjoy~vote~comment~thanks

-MGN