2. Thirty down. Three to go.

Lost in thoughts, I gazed at the milky polished chandelier hanging above my head, suddenly interested in the intricate designs embedded on the edges of its glassy tips. Is it me or these things are scary as fuck?

A subtle knock at the door quickly jolted me out of the trance, my lips pursing in annoyance.

"What is it? Can't you see I'm in my studying room?" I rubbed my forehead, contemplating on how I'll end these invading headaches once and for all.

"Sorry, Ma'am. But umm, orders came in for your mas-"

"Good. Come in then." I breathed out and turned to the window, staring at the dancing lights in the distance and the sky that was already painted with the fire of the setting sun.

Dangerous. Was one word for such scenery. And dangerous was my fatal attraction.

Right after purple, of course.

The shutting of the door instantly made my evedreams come to an end. Drawing back the drapes, I quickly maintained a straight face and turned around, locking eyes with her trembling eyes.

I was very certain she was going to shit herself any moment from now, judging from her flustered expressions.

Then I realized something. She looked me in the eyes.

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms behind my back, nodding to the contents cuddled protectively in her arms.

A habit of mine when talking to my dressers.

Realizing her mistake, she quickly bowed and rushed to my side, making sure to keep small distance away from me.

Okay, small is a small word for it. But I don't blame her though.

It's who I chose to be.

I cleared my throat. "Color?"

"P-purple." She whispered, enough for me to catch on her words.

I nodded, very satisfied with her answer. At least I don't have to kill another person for this.

The last person I had got me friggin' red. Like, that's the last color in the world I'll ever admire, ugh.

I mean, it's not even in my friggin' name. Why are people so oblivious these days?

"Quality?" I cocked an eyebrow. "You know the last one got me in a huge mess last night."

Her eyes widened. "N-no, I swear-it's good, no, high quality. I-I made sure of it last night."

It took me my entire willpower not to scoff. This was the last thing the other girl said.

"Show. Don't tell." I held my breath. "And for the love of crimes, stop stuttering. I only bite criminals on my level, not some random persons."

I watched as her shoulders slumped in relief and shook my head. Now I'm really starting to wonder what my own gang thinks of me as.

Hesitantly, she said. "Shall I . . . wear them for you then?

Excuse me?

"I mean, you said show, not tell. B-but-no, I'm sorry! I'm so stupid asking that . . ."

I blew out my cheeks when she started stuttering again and gently chewed on the corners of my cheeks.

She's just nervous, Viola. Let her be.

"It's of high quality! Violet lacey mask. Covers both sides of your cheekbones and leaves enough room for your partner to sneak little glimpse of your eyes."