Chapter 18

Chapter 18

...

For the record, Jin wasn't the first person who had attempted this kind of a move to inch closer to Taehyung. 

Taehyung himself can tell you this.

There would be a maximum of more than fifty of both girls and boys who would have tried, at least at one point of life after knowing Kim Taehyung, to edge closer to him subtly. And being aware of just the affect he had, Taehyung used to figure it out anyways.

But mostly, the girls and boys didn't say no to that assumption, they would nod along and then actually proceed to fall on top of him.

Jin however didn't do that and honestly, it wouldn't have been a problem if he did. 

Of course he was attractive, the word itself was an understatement when it came to Jin's looks, Taehyung won't deny that. It would have been a pleasure if Jin had made a move but seeing that he didn't, Taehyung wasn't the kind to make the first move himself so he left it at that.

Plus, it would have made the whole 'drop Taehyung to work' deal awkward if the both had hooked up. And the driver in front certainly wouldn't have been fond of it either, judging by the looks the man had been giving to him the whole time.

Someone needs to give that old man a good massage so that he isn't always so uptight. But, Taehyung guesses, that's how drivers working for rich people are.

The car pulls to a stop in front of "Park Your Art" and the two boys step out. 

The sunshine has gotten a bit more bearable, with the day inching towards late evening. 

Jin opens the shop's door and the two get in, both immediately greeted by the bright and chirpy voice of Aunt Park.

"Boys! Fancy to see my new worker and third favourite person coming here together!" She smiles at Taehyung and hugs Jin, who laughs.

"Third favourite person? Might I ask who are the first lucky two?" 

Aunt Park whispers loudly, as if it were a secret- "My mother and Jimin, of course!"

Jin chuckles whereas Taehyung, finding the joking around silly when he could get to work, finish it quickly and return home to videocall Jackson- asks, "Um, what can I do today?"

The lady looks at him and hums. "Ah, well you see, I don't exactly know why I hired you". Taehyung frowns but Aunt Park continues to speak. "Only the art students from the nearby college come here or people who mistaken this shop as a gift shop- no, people! This is a craft store! C.R.A.F.T! I have been the only person working here since the beginning but I decided I could do with some help with the cleaning and stuff...so....well, you can vacuum the store I guess. Do people vacuum stores?"

Surprised at the question, Taehyung stutters. "U-um, I don't know, maybe? Or broom? I d-don't know". 

Aunt Park turns towards Jin who shrugs in confusion as well.

Waving her hand, Aunt Park points towards the back room. "You'll find the vacuum there and once you are done, you can leave! And don't worry, the payment shall remain the same".

Taehyung nods and moves towards the back room but then peeks out of it to see what Jin would be doing. He sees the other guy going through the fabrics section and deeming it to be not that interesting, Taehyung grabs the vacuum and plugs it in, starting with the corners. 

Near the fabrics area where different materials ranging from netted cloth to fabricated patterns, Jin is looking at the various shades among the the rolls of fabric.