Chapter 2

Jin's POV

Kim Seokjin. 17 years old. Son of one of the biggest CEO's in the country and also the main sponsor of my school. I sleep around but I have high standards. I slap people's faces if they ask me to sleep with them. I am the most prettiest gay out there- whatever that means. I am rich. I have bodyguards. My life is perfect. I have got a lovely father who gives me everything I want. Not a mother but who cares? I have money, cars, clothes, properties. I am mean, a bitch, a slut.

That's what people think about me.

Only some of them are true.

...........................................................................

Thursday morning, another day of the week, another day in school. 

Looking at myself in the mirror one last time and applying a bit of gloss on my lips- you got something good, you show it- I walk down the marble steps into the kitchen where the chef is already cooking my breakfast. 

I don't greet him. He was appointed by Mr Kim. He was less of a chef, more like a spy. 

Every Friday evening, he had to report to Mr Kim what I ate. Whether anyone stayed over at the house. What I wore to school. He was just one of the 17 other spies living in the house as bodyguards and chauffeurs and maids. Mr Kim himself never bothered to check up on me properly.

My phone rings and I pick it up when I see it's Jimin. I hear the blow of a hair dryer in the background. "Jinnie! Good morning! Usual time today?"

"Yep", I reply while sitting on the dining table and digging into the French toasts placed in front of me.

Quickly finishing my breakfast, I call the driver and we drive to Jimin's house to pick him up.

Jimin was my best friend since we were eight. He was the son of Mr Kim's business partner. Unlike my father, his father actually cared for him. He had a mother too. Our friendship first started out as him wandering around me like a puppy and me ignoring him.

Envy. That was the reason. I envied him. His perfect family. His loving mother and caring father. But Jimin was the only one who kept trying, who didn't give up. He was the one who stayed with me and let me cry on his shoulder after Areum noona went away. He was the one who bothered to break down my walls. Soon we got attached to the hip bones and never left each other's side.

"Oh my god! Today's weather is horrible". Jimin says while he slides into the backseat beside me. We both hated summers, hated the sun. Too bright. Too much light.

"I know right? It gets even more terrible if we start to sweat. Now, tell me. What did you get for me today?" I say while holding out my hand. 

Every morning Jimin used to bring something that his mother cooked or baked. I used to imagine it was my own mother giving it. I wish Mrs Park was my mother.

"Doughnut!" Jimin says and places the sugar dough into my hand with a piece of tissue, his eyes disappearing as he smiles at me.

The days when I think everything is too much, I remember Jimin. How much he loves me and how grateful I am to have a friend like him. 

"Thank you ChimChim". I take a bite and moan at the sweetness. 

"Today is assembly, ugh. I hate Thursday's, no difference between a Thursday and a Monday. The principal is just going to repeat the same old words again which I bet he doesn't know the meaning of and we all are going to nod our heads as if we all understand". I say and Jimin laughs.

"Assemblies in short are sleeping periods for all those people who don't get to sleep enough. I swear I heard someone snore beside me last week". 

I smile and look out the window. 

The sky is a perfect blue. 

Too perfect for my liking.

..................................................................

(From where the last chapter ended)

I can't believe I walked past Kim Taehyung without embarrassing myself further. I might have been rude by not thanking him for opening the door but I swear I would have started talking gibberish if I spent one more moment standing in front of him.

I look at Jimin inside a teacher's cubicle still talking and nodding his head and lean beside the door to wait for him to come out. He had gone there to solve an assignment query.

That's when I see Taehyung talking to a teacher and I quickly hide behind a bookshelf and look at him. I can only see his back but I know that if I were to stare at him face to face, I would probably die.

No one had ever made my heart race as much as Kim Taehyung did. 3 years. 3 years spent following him around the hallways, staring at him from afar. Looking at him flirting with other girls, hearing stories about him having fun with this girl in this place and that place. That's all I did. 

I was used to this, used to not getting my attention reciprocated. 

Taehyung is now waiting for the teacher to come back. I look at his body, his lean figure and his tousled, dark hair. 

Soon enough the teacher comes back, hands him a register and Taehyung walks away. 

Jimin too steps out at the same moment. 

"Jinnie! I am done, sorry if I was late- let's go!"

We make our way to the auditorium and take our place behind our own class. The people in the class slowly start to shift around and we come to our designated position- the front. Everyone knew it. It was just the rules.

Was I abusing my power? Perhaps.

But I needed this. This attention, the eyes on me. 

The principal on the stage clears his throat and starts his speech, which I can swear he memorized the first day he got the job.

Then I felt eyes on me.

You have ever got the feeling that someone is looking at you- more like burning holes behind your back? That's exactly what I was feeling.

I turn back and start to look around. It's not like I am not used to getting stares but this time it was a burning feeling.

That's when my eyes met his.

Taehyung was looking at me with an unreadable expression. I felt like jumping in the air just knowing the fact that Taehyung was looking at me- but I was Kim Seokjin. Jumping in the air was not my thing.

So I did the most Kim Seokjin thing I could do- I raised my eyebrows.

The next thing that happened kept me awake for the whole night. Well, most of it.

Kim Taehyung winked at me.

He winked at me and then looked back at the stage as if he didn't just give me a heart attack.

As if it was no big deal.

The second chapter!

Telling you beforehand, the progress is going to be not too fast and chapters are going to be somewhat long- the first 2 are kinda short as it was just to clear the backstories a bit.

I like writing in detail so I am sorry if it gets irritating and you want the next scene to come fast.

With this chapter, I have given somewhat background to both the main characters- though Jin's still remains a bit of a mystery.

Hope you enjoy reading!