Chapter 5

Taehyung's POV

"Good morning, Tae".

"Morning".

Mother is sitting beside the dining table, waiting for me to make breakfast for her. Honestly, she reminds me of a little girl waiting for her papa to give her food.

I make my way to the kitchen and take out the packet of bread and cereals.

At times like this, I wished I had paid attention when mother used to teach me how to make a sandwich.

"Where had you gone last evening?" Mother asks as I place the plate of toast in front of her.

"Nowhere. My friend's house". I reply and start munching on my cereals.

Its better if she doesn't know about my underage drinking habits and the fucking around with girls.

She already has a lot to deal with.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I used to love physical education classes.

I was somewhat of an all rounder in every sport and I always felt good while flexing my skills. As I said, I liked control.

What I didn't expect to see is a blonde haired boy wearing gym clothes, standing under the shade of a tree, pouting at a lone pink petal flower and mumbling things to himself.

Amused, I part myself from the rest of my friends and sneak towards him.

"....poor you. You must feel very lonely. I don't know why they grew just one flower here. Where are the other flowers? Why doesn't pollination work here in this part of the field? You know what? No worries. I like you! I love the color pink, by the way. My friend Jimin isn't fond of the color much but who cares? I don't understand the point of PE classes". He pauses and puts his hands on his hips. "I sure as hell won't need to play basketball while designing fashion pieces. And on top of that, they want us to run around the field under the sun! Do the teachers want us to suffer heat strokes? Or tan-".

"I hope you know that the flower certainly can't understand you. And if it did reply, I am sure you would go crazy".

Jin's eyes go wide as his head turns toward me. He looks like a deer caught by a hunter.

"W-what-", Jin clears his throat. "You should not eavesdrop, you nosy man".

I scoff. Then I realise that Jin should not even be in my PE class at the first place.

"Are you stalking me?"

Jin's face contorts for a second but then it turns straight. He starts walking away from me, much to my surprise. How dare he ignore me?

"Hey, answer me! Are you following me? Did you ditch your class? You stalking bi-".

"Students!" The coach claps his hands. "Make a file".

All the students start making a line and that's when I notice the extra number of people.

"As you must have observed, another class has joined us today. Their teachers have shuffled classes due to some time table problems. Now. Before the heat gets over bearing, start with rounds around the field. Three laps. Go!"

Embarassed, I look at Jin who is now looking at me with a slight pout on his face. He looks like a three year old like this. God.

"Um, I am-".

"As much as handsome you are, I am not fond of stalking. And even if I did stalk you, you sure as hell won't know about it".

He jogs away murmuring about the "annoying, evil sun", leaving me wondering what on earth he just said.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The rounds around the field wasn't a difficult task for me. It in fact, just helped me feel more sure of myself. I didn't miss the way girls used to sneak glances at me whenever I used to drink water after my face was filled with sweat.

The boys looked at me with envy. At least there was something about me they could be envious about unlike me who was envious about absolutely everything of everyone except of my looks.

Today though, was different.

The boys and girls were no longer looking at me.

They were looking at one slender figure, running laps around the ground as if he were on a runway- fair skin flushed- and pausing now and then to wipe off his sweat and curse something towards the sky.

Which was cute. But not now. Not when it was me who was supposed to be the one stared at.

I jog over to a couple of guys who were ogling at Jin. The gay boys who still managed to be cool and popular because they were rich. Your social status mattered a lot.

Minho licks his lips and says- "Who knew I would get an early birthday gift months before my birthday?"

The couple of guys around him laugh.

"Man, he is damn fine. Look at his legs, bro. Why don't we have PE classes with his class more often?".

I allow my eyes to travel towards Jin's slim legs but immediately look away. I wasn't taught to ogle at people in a sexual manner.

In clubs and parties was a different matter.

"Hey, Taehyung!" Minho calls me over and I walk towards him.

"Heard you talked with Jin. How was it? Did he say yes?"

The other guys are waiting for my answer as if I was going to give them the answers for the next exam.

"Yes for what?" My deep voice is hoarse now. I really need water.

Okay, no.

Talking about Jin and then being thirsty sounds...nope.
I cannot be thirsty.

Minho chuckles. "Come on, dude. Its fine. We know about your habits. Did Jin say yes to having...that with you?"

My eyebrows furrow. "Why would you think that I was talking to him about....that?"

One of the boys say- "Wasn't that obvious? Jin talks to absolutely no one. Except the shortie. The ones who do talk to him come back turned down. Did he turn you down too?"

A part of me feels disgusted. That people talk about Jin only in the context of sexual matters. I guess having good looks isn't a good thing for everyone.

"Nothing like that. We just talked about this dumb project. That's all". I don't feel the need to explain myself further to them so I resume running.

I don't feel like hanging around with them anymore.