Messages

It had already been a few hours since they'd left Saitama, and night had already fallen. Coach Ukai was taking his turn driving, and was talking quietly with Takeda-sensei. Kei had waited patiently until everyone else had fallen asleep, and then raised his eye mask. He left his earphones on, though, just in case. It hadn't taken much for him to make everyone believe he was exhausted, acting like he was asleep pretty much right after they'd left Shinzen. But, in all honesty, he was never more awake in his life. There would be little sleep, if any, happening on the way home.

Kei took his phone out of his jacket pocket and found his lock screen lit up. The notifications kept coming in, and he was glad he'd put his phone on silent mode. Swiping to unlock, he scrolled through the notifications. As expected, the squad's group chat had blown up, and was still active. But it was the private text he'd seen that he was more interested in. Tapping the notification, he opened the message from Kuroo.

[Sleep well, Tsuki]

[I love you]

[I miss you]

[Call/text me when you're finally awake]

Kei grinned like an idiot. A ridiculously happy idiot, but still...

[I love you more]

[I miss you, too]

[Sorry, I had to wait for everyone to fall asleep]

He had to wait a few minutes before Kuroo replied.

[No worries. But why wait?]

[Dodging questions, mostly]

[Got it. You think they know?]

[I mean, we weren't exactly being circumspect about it]

[True]

[Even so, if they didn't know before, they do now. But that's not why I was dodging]

[Why then?]

[I wanted to look at our pictures without curious onlookers]

[Good thinking. I get dibs on copies before Bokuto and Akaashi]

[Well, yeah. Duh]

[Rude]

[Is it really, though?]

[LOL!]

Kei minimized the text window and tapped the gallery icon. It opened to show his albums, and the one aptly labeled 'camera' was loaded with new pictures. He scrolled through the first several rows, and then went back to the text window.

[Bokuto actually took a few good ones]

[Surprising. Are you sure they aren't Akaashi's?]

He sent the two photos they both knew Bokuto had taken, and then a few more from later on. Then, he waited.

[omg, Tsuki, you're right.]

[Told you so]

[Smartass]

[You love it, though]

[Yes, yes I do. Completely. But seriously, send more]

[Okay. Hold on...]

Scrolling through the pictures, he sent all the ones he really liked, plus the last group photo Kenma had taken. There were quite a few, especially the sillier selfie-type shots, but also several more where they actually posed. And then he found several that were obviously taken by Kuroo. Most of them were ones he hadn't known about, until now. He sent a few of those, too.