"Can... will I be able to make it better? I want her to love me. I want to feel the same thing that you all do. I want her to hug me and kiss me, to touch me like she does with everyone else. I want to be able... to be able to tell everyone that she is mine, that she loves me like... like I love her." The knowledge that I had fallen in love with her was shocking to me, something I hadn't anticipated happening so soon, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. I loved her.

"Aww my little mate. You... you just need to show her that you're sincere. That you want this to work. Right now? Y/N is worried that it's just a game that you're playing with her."

My heart dropped at his words, knowing that my mate felt I would do something so devious, so underhanded. "I swear it to you! I want her. I want this to be better."

Hoseok kissed the top of my head. "It's going to be okay. It... it may take time, but it's going to be okay. Try calling her, see if she'll meet with you."

Nodding my head, I hardened my resolve. "Okay. I'm... I'm going to make this right. I can do this."

***

Fuck! I can't do this! An hour later, I paced back and forth in the park, mumbling to myself, second guessing myself and my decision to call her. After a slight hesitation, Y/N had agreed to meet with me and now here I was, looking like a rabid hybrid as I waited for her to arrive. Any optimism I was feeling earlier had faded and I was wondering if I had done the right thing.

"Jimin?" At the sound of my name, I turned. I had been so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even register her scent until she was standing in front of me. I took a moment to drink her in. She looked beautiful. She had on pink scrubs with cartoon cats and dogs on them and I couldn't help but grin. Her hair was pulled up in a ponytail, stray hairs escaping and framing her pretty face.

"Um... thanks... thanks for coming." I gestured towards a bench that overlooked a pretty pond. "Want... will you sit with me?" Y/N nodded and followed me over to the bench. I sat down in the center and she sat next to me, her eyes looking out over the pond and softening as a family of ducks swam by. "Cute, aren't they?" I nodded towards the fuzzy yellow babies and she grinned.

"They sure are, but I'm pretty sure you didn't ask me to meet you to talk about cute little ducks. What's really on your mind Jimin?" Although kind, Y/N's words were blunt.

I sighed then turned to face her. "A lot... a lot of things actually and I'm... I'm not sure where to start."

"You want to know about Sehun, don't you?"

Surprised by her astuteness, I nodded. "But... but only if you feel comfortable telling me." I didn't want her to think I was pressuring her to share something she wasn't ready to tell me, to share parts of her life that I had probably had no business knowing.

Y/N shrugged. "Yoongi, Jin, Hobi and Joon know. Tae even called me today to ask. It's probably only right that you know too." Y/N turned quiet for a moment and I said nothing, wanting to give her time to tell me. "Biologically I am Sehun's mate. He had a mate six years ago that rejected him. Afterward I took care of him and his brain... somehow his brain has convinced him I am his mate. He even knows my scent."

Stunned by the admission, I just sat there for a moment. "But he's not our mate."

Giving me a sad smile, Y/N nodded. "I know. I was never his mate until this happened. We had worked together for almost four years before it all happened. His mate was a pretty human nurse named Evie." I could see the agitation in her face as she spoke and I hesitantly reached out and took her hand. When she didn't pull back, I laced my fingers with hers, feeling like I was in heaven for finally being allowed to touch my mate, to hold her hand.