Chapter 40

This would be the last chapter of TFS. Thank you so much for rooting and reading until the last part of my story. I love you all! Happy reading :)

I edited some of the remaining chapters, so you might encounter some scenes that you've already read. 

--------------------------------------

Chapter 40 (trigger warning)

"So, you really going to do it, Mom?"

I stopped working on my papers when Rianne suddenly stepped inside the room. Her eyes were protruding. They are mean that makes my heart writhe. She never looked at me like that before. She's the nicest person I've ever known, but after she found out that I'm planning to end the marriage, she turned cold and sometimes rude. She's affected that her parents are planning to get annulled.

I licked my dry lips and shifted my eyes away from her. I don't want to argue anymore. The trial was done already, and it's up to the court if they will allow us to end our marriage. I shouldn't be complacent just because my testimony is more dominant and acceptable than Paris. I have more rights for the custody of Rianne.

"What about me? A-Are you even considering what I want?" Her voice broke because of the emotion filling her. I'm like not talking to a three-year-old. She's too young to experience this, but I must do it. I'm sure she will get used to it. She will understand if she gets older and put herself in my shoes.

"I-I don't want to have a broken family. That's what I want? Is that hard to give?"

"Rianne, kahit hiwalay maghiwalay kami ng Daddy mo ay pamilya pa rin tayo—"

"You don't understand, Mom," she cut me off, the reason why my attention went back to her. "I have been wondering where my real father is even Daddy Ninong is just beside us. I feel like incomplete, but when Daddy came, he filled what's missing on me."

Saglit pa lang silang nagkakasama pero malapit na kaagad sila sa isa't isa at ngayon na nasa kalagitnaan na kami ng pagproseso ng annulment ay natatakot ako sa kung anong puwedeng mangyare sa relasyon namin ni Rianne.

"Rianne, if you get older, you'll understand my point."

"The point that you want to ruin our family?" She questioned, and that offended me, but instead of getting mad at her, I just closed my eyes and tried to maintain my composure. If she only knew how many times I gave her dad a chance to fix everything.

"Rianne?" Nang buksan ko ang mga mata ko ay nasa loob na si Yael. Mabuti na lang ay dumating siya para matigil na ang pag-uusap namin. "Breakfast is ready. Kain ka na," pag-aya nito at sinubukan na ngumiti para gumaan ang loob ng bata.

Bago lumisan si Rianne ng kwarto ay mataman niya akong pinagmasdan. Kulang na lang ay tumagos na sa akin ang tingin niya. Gano'n na ba talaga kalaki ang galit niya sa akin? Nagpaliwanag na ako sa kanya pero sa tingin ko mas nakatuon lang ang pansin niya sa kagustuhang maging buo pa rin kami.

When she left, I blew out a loud sigh and slouched my back. How much longer could I handle being treated like that? I wanted to scold her, but I feel like she has something on my back to trigger me, to prove that what I'm doing is wrong.