CHAPTER 2

"Hi, I'm Jim." Sabi ni Jim habang tumayo at inabot ang kamay ni Wendy when she arrived. "It's so nice to finally meet you." He smiled.

"Hi Jim. Sorry to keep you waiting." Nakangiting sabi ni Wendy. It was their first date at a restaurant kung saan ang pinsan ni Jim ang nagset-up. Magkakasama sa work at close friends si Wendy at ang pinsan ni Jim. She was late for twenty minutes.

Wendy was only forty-one and has also been widowed for three years. Her husband was a member of the US military and died in a war during his mission in Syria. Fil-am ang husband niya. She has a fifteen year old son, Brix. She was working as a sales manager in an advertising agency after they moved back from the US when her husband died. They decided to stay for good in the Philippines dahil hindi madali ang buhay nila sa US.

She didn't think about dating again since her husband died dahil natatakot siyang makapag-asawa ng maling lalaki. Sobrang bait kasi ng husband niya at namana nito ang kabaitan sa anak niyang si Brix. She was very happy with their life at kahit papano ay nabigyan naman niya ng maayos na buhay ang anak niya that's why she lost interest in dating with other men. Napilitan lang siyang makipag-blind date kay Jim dahil very close friend niya sa work ang cousin ni Jim.

Wendy was surprised when she met Jim. He doesn't look like his age, naisip niya. She didn't expect na ma-love at first sight agad siya. They have only talked once on the phone yesterday and finally decided to meet upang marami silang mapag-kwentuhan personally. And she never expected na masundan nang masundan pa ang first date nila.

"I would like to invite you for a dinner sa bahay next weekend. It's about time that you should meet my kids and I should meet your Brix na rin." Sabi ni Jim habang yakap-yakap si Wendy as they were watching the sunset from the seashore. They were having an overnight weekend getaway at a beach resort. It has been three months already since they started dating.

"I'd love that. Matutuwa si Brix 'pag makita ka personally at ang mga anak mo. Lagi kasi kitang kinikwento sa kanya at ang mga kids mo." Sabi ni Wendy enjoying Jim's tight embrace from her back.

"I do have a problem though. But I think you can help me handle on this. 'Yong anak kong si Jewel, she's very reluctant on my idea of having a new girlfriend or new wife. Tulungan mo akong ma-convince siya. At saka parang naging boyish na siya." Sabi ni Jim.

"I understand her. Hindi madali sa kanya ang mga pangyayari dahil bata pa siya. She needs much attention, you know. We'll both work on this para hindi siya mahihirapan. You can always count on me lalo na sa mga women's stuff na kailangan ni Jewel habang nagdadalaga na siya." Sabi ni Wendy.