Chapter 57. Chicks Following Chicken Mabel

Whether the news came in late, it wasn’t until late that Daddy came to me.

“…the freak!”

“Not a fweak but an unknown perthon. Not a raid but a sighting.”

“Are you ok-.”

“Ah’m okay.”

Perhaps it was easy to deal with Daddy because I had already been through this with Oscar. Daddy, who was interrupted every time, sighed and looked all over my body.

“You’re okay.”

He was relieved after confirming that there were no scratched on my body. Daddy asked me,

“So, why was my baby in the library?”

It seemed like he was saying ‘you can’t even read’ in his eyes. It was unfair for me, who learned all the letters with self-studying, but I couldn’t reveal that fact.

“Uung. I wanted to see pictuwe books.”

“Picture books? Did you say picture books?”

“Uung?”

“Picture book. Picture book… yes.”

‘No, wait a minute.’

An ominous premonition came up. During a conversation, when Daddy suddenly muttered to himself and began to think about something, an unavoidable headache would arise.

‘Surely, not again?

As if he had made up his mind, Daddy nodded and proclaimed dramatically.

“I will give you all the picture books in the world.”

“…huh?”

“Hey!”

He didn’t listen to me and left the bedroom, calling out to someone loudly.

“Daddy!”

I called Daddy anxiously, but he quickly disappeared without looking back. I stared at my daddy’s back disappearing in an absurd state.

I came back to my senses late.

‘Tree, I’m sorry!’

One more karma was added today.

“I. If I die, I’ll go to hell, right…?”

As I was struggling with the trees that would be innocently sacrificed, I realized that there was nothing I could do. This was because there was no one who can stop Daddy, who made me Emperor even after insisting that I didn’t want to.

How on earth does that kind of nonsense come up in his mind? He’s my dad, but I couldn’t understand.

“Sigh.”

I have to donate the picture books later.

While there were no people in the bedroom, I brought out the genealogy of the Imperial family that I had stolen from the library from the secret hiding spot.

I didn’t need to see my ancestors from the beginning, so I opened the last page.

“Mabel, Ma-be-l… here is it.”

Mabel Gardenia Ermano. And on top was Oscar’s name. I went up one space and looked at the Ermano family.

“Ooh. It’s here!”

And I found just one. Honestly, I was dubious, so I didn’t know I would find it like this. I thought it might not exist.

[Dylan Levy Langard. Renezumi Shu Langard.]