Chapter 26: Get Away From My Daughter

I pulled on the hem of the stand-in-Emperor in a hurry.

Then he looked down at me with a friendly smile, as if he never had a cold expression on his face.

"What's wrong, Mabel."

"Othcar."

"Oscar? That's right, I haven't seen him in a long time."

I thought you'd understand this, but you didn't. I shouted, shaking his collar violently.

"Othcar ith owthide!" (Oscar is outside!)

"Yes, he myst be training now."

"No...!"

I was so frustrated I thought I was going to die. I held my forehead and took a couple of deep breaths.

'He's wrong.'

The stand-in-Emperor seemed totally unaware that Oscar had gone out of the Imperial Palace.

Instead, he was busy checking every inch of my body to see if there were any scratches.

'Of course he's not really going to ban the prince, but it bothers me that he doesn't care about his family.'

There was a good chance that a classy soldier would really block Oscar from coming in.

No matter what, I'll have to say it one more time.

"Othcar. Owthide Imbewial Bawace-." (Oscar. Outside Imperial Palace.)

And then Gustav appeared.

"Your Majesty."

"Ah, it's already time."

The stand-in Emperor put me on the floor as if our talk was over.

He shook of the dust from my clothes from falling and turned around without delay.

"H-hwey!" (H-hey!)

I called him in a hurry, but his legs were so long that he was quickly disappearing into a dot far away.

"Othcar..." (Oscar...)

Finally, the meeting with Duchess Donovan was over.

"Sigh."

Oscar sighed and pulled his shirt button.

Now, he finally felt a little relieved.

"I want to see Mabel."

When he thought of my little sister with a sullen face, he smiled a little bit.

The Duchess' employees, who saw the prince who rarely smiled, were startled and hurried to pretend they didn't see it.

Oscar immediately found the waiting wagon.

"Go to the Imperial Palace."

"You won't stop by anywhere?"

"There's no time."

As soon as he got on the wagon, the carriage quickly left.

Oscar was lost in thought, leaning his head against the wall. He remembered the meeting with his mother that was disguised as a dinner party.

"It's been a while."

"Yes, Mother."

"How's the training going?"

"...I'm working hard."

"Hard work won't work. You have vowed to give up the throne and become the Emperor's knight, so you will always have to be perfect."