Chapter 30: Don't Fight

"Aiden."

A low-pitched voice.

Aiden, who was on one knee, looked up. The boy's red eyes captured the man on the throne.

Veron Arthur Devlica. Devlin's Emperor was looking down on him.

Veron's hair was long enough to cover his neck.

It was true that Devlin's crazy wizard Emperor was suck in the lab without any time to trim his hair and immersed himself with work without eating.

The purple eyes looked down to Aiden. His eyes were as cold as he was mean.

"Good work today."

Veron, who looked down with his chin resting in his hand, smiled satisfactorily. Aiden's eyes turned to Veron's left arm.

It was empty with only the sleeves flapping.

A severed arm.

That was the biggest reason for the chisel of Veron and Ermano's stand-in-Emperor, Esteban.

Aiden bowed his head with a heartless expression.

'I've done enough to be a dog.'

Since entering the city of Devlin on his own, he had never disobeyed Veron's orders and carried out his duties like a faithful dog.

According to the list of people to kill, all kinds of difficulties were involved in the killing, so hiding his feelings was a basic practice.

At this level, the degree of proof of God would have been enough.

"It looks like you finally realized your situation."

"..."

"Should I give you a prize?"

Veron, who rolled up the corners of his mouth, spoke softly. It was a languid voice as if it would make you fall asleep while listening to it.

Aiden did not answer. Veron's question didn't have an answer.

"Or."

The laughter from Veron's face vanished.

"Should I step on you, so you cannot climb any further?"

The hall was shrouded in silence. Still, Aiden didn't answer and lowered his eyes.

Even if he was in a good mood, Devlin's Emperor killed people suddenly due to his capricious nature.

After watching him for a long time, Aiden knew how to deal with him.

He had to be completely unresponsive.

"...boring."

Veron clicked his tongue and raised his glass full of strong liquor, splashing Aiden as if to appreciate.

"I will ask since we are talking about it. Is there anything you want?"

"There isn't."

At Aiden's immediate answer, Veron laughed with satisfaction.

Aiden's spirit, which ran wild and ignored his own will, seemed to have broken.

'As expected, you have to tame by hitting.'

It was worth driving Aiden into all kinds of wars, whether he went on a rampage or not.

Veron, who had been in a good mood for a long time, spoke heartily.

"I'll ask again. Is there anything you really want? If it was me, I wouldn't miss this opportunity."

"...I do have one request."