Chapter 25

Gustav trembled and reported to Esteban. Of course, thunderous cried were expected, but Esteban was unexpectedly calm.

'His Majesty is not a man of character.'

"Well, Your Majesty?"

As he raised his head, the normally chilly Esteban was staring at the proposal in Gustav's hand.

"Give it."

"Here it is."

Let's bring some ink.....

riip.

The proposal was torn in half.

Rip.

Before Gustav could be surprised, it was torn in half again.

Rip, rip, riiip, rip, rip.....

The proposal soon had to be held in a handful.

In fact, it wasn't a very surprising sight. The amount of letters Esteban had made into powder couldn't even be counted.

"It worked out. I just needed something to burn."

Then, he slammed the powder straight into the stove and set it on fire.

Soon, the firewood, which had been left unattended for the summer, flared up.

Gustav was dazed by the heat.

Esteban looked back at Gustav, smiling so brightly it could blind someone.

"How nice to see, using it as it's supposed to be used for."

(T/N: He's saying the proposal was supposed to be burned.)

"That's right......."

He couldn't be ironic, firewood in the summer.

***

Rumors spread throughout the Javier family that the head had made a marriage proposal to the royal family.

Not only in political circles but also in social circles, unofficial salons, and even rural areas.

It was natural that the eyes of the other nobles were turned upside down.

'Such a despicable person Javier is!'

'How dare he beat me like this?!'

'I had my eye on Her Majesty the Emperor as my daighter-in-law!'

In fact, anyone who had a son similar in age to Mabel had this dream at least once.

Getting close to our light-pink-haired Emperor!

No one knew just how cute it was, seeing the almost two-years-old Emperor sitting on the throne, who looked as if she had no interest in the world.

Mabel didn't show her smile easily even when her subordinates tried to entertain her.

'I want to get close! I want you as my daughter-in-law!'

However, no one acted, as everyone was watching each other. He'll do the same-.

'She's not even two years old yet!'

But Duke Javier broke that unwritten rule.

It was like pouring oil on other aristocrats who were already unhappy with the spirit stone mine.

-It was not known about any other family, but the Javier family was adamantly against it! (#Bold)

So the behind-the-scenes competition among the subjects began, with the sole intention of not losing the Emperor to the Javier family.