Chapter 38. You Can't Be Competent!

"Gustab. Wha kind of pwace with Abewado?" (Gustav. What kind of place is Abelardo?)

Gustav Druval, the baby Emperor's aide, was facing the biggest crisis in his life!

He asked back with a white face, "Yes...?"

"Abewado!" (Abelardo!)

Gustav was deeply devastated by the fact that he had not misheard.

While Mabel was growing up, there were quite a few contacts with Abelardo, but Mabel never wondered about Abelardo.

It was a great relief for the stand-in-Emperor, for this Empire, and for the comfort of one's working life.

'His Majesty is keeping Abelardo in check in case he loses his daughter.'

So peace was maintained, but what would come eventually came.

Gustav smiled as if it was drawn on and trembled.

"Ahaha. Abelardo...Let's see. What kind of place is it?"

"God'th seed." (God's seed.)

"Huk."

Gustav shut his mouth when he heard that word.

The eyes of the baby Emperor looking up at him couldn't be scarier.

'Her Majesty truly is the genius of the century. But I can't tell her the truth. I guess I have to induce her to dislike Abelardo.'

Gustav's method was to tell a good-willed lie.

It was deceiving the Emperor, but he believed it would be okay because it was for the peace of the empire.

'Since it'll be bad if you're interested in Abelardo.'

Gustav made a serious expression.

"Abelardo is an evil kingdom full of very wicked, wicked men."

"Ung...?"

"Especially when they catch young children. They do terrible things. For example..."

Gustav fiercely envisioned something that would be suitable for a child in a short amount of time.

Mabel's favorite thing is dessert. Then...

"So, for example, they don't give delicious cakes and instead eat in front of them. It's a common thing to starve them. Just to children of Your Majesty's age!"

"......"

Gustav thought it was an appropriate threat, but not to Mabel.
He was quite flustered by the cold look Mabel gave him.

"Why... are you looking at me like that, Your Majesty?"

"Guthab, you'we vewy bad at wying." (Gustav, you're very bad at lying.)

"L-lying?"

"Ith okway. Gwo." (It's okay. Go.)

Gustav gazed blankly at Mabel's back as she turned away coldly.

"I think she just saw me with contempt...I'm sure I missaw."

He didn't see anything wrong.

***

"You'we wothwess, Guthab." (You're worthless, Gustav.)

The unhelpful Gustav. The plan to get data research through him was discarded.

'I also have a plan for everything.'

I stood proudly in the open space deep in the garde, holding a large envelope in my arms.