CHAPTER: 55| THE ART OF LETTING GO(PART-1)

Start from the beginning

Laiba watched him as he grazed a finger over her nail, sending tingles down her spine.

She closed her eyes and sighed, "I don't know."

"You don't know or you don't wanna admit it?"

Laiba couldn't tell if he was messing with her or actually trying to figure out something here.

"Wha-" She was about to utter the first syllable when someone came barging into the room.

"Laibbba-"

Maha halted on her tracks when she saw them in that state, her eyes widening and jaws literally dropping on her feet.

Laiba was quick to step away from Aariz whereas the latter just stayed where he was, throwing a dead look at Maha.

"Ohhhmmyygoddd!!!!" Maha covered her mouth, looking between them, "I'mmssoooosoorrryyyyyyyyy....." She cried, apologetically.

Laiba face palmed herself as she felt her cheeks heating up with embarrassment, wishing the ground could just open up and swallow her right there.

"I'm so so so sorryyyyy.." Maha apologised again.

"No. No. No. It's fine."

"Yeah! You should be."

Aariz and Laiba said opposite things at the same time and looked at each other.

"Oh god! Please don't mind me. You guys continue. I'll go. Bye." She blurted, covered her face and ran away, banging the door shut behind her.

The spell from earlier had worn out and what left was an awkward silence in the room.

Simultaneously, they glanced at each other from their peripheral view and when they caught themselves doing the same, they hurriedly looked away.

Aariz groaned and fell back on the bed. He turned and slept on his stomach with two pillows covering his head.

Laiba shook her head and walked away towards the closet. She removed the knot behind her head and lifted the jilbab off her body. She then grabbed a towel and headed towards the bathroom to take a long relaxing shower.

Later when Laiba went to Urooba's room to get dressed up for Mehndi ceremony(which was Urooba's idea), all of them greeted her with toothy grins.

At first, Laiba didn't get it and thought it was weird of them but then she remembered the incident from earlier and flushed.

Maha had walked on them while they were....she didn't know what to call it.

Perhaps, it was some intense conversation but it definitely would had looked like something else to Maha and that was what she might had told everyone and that was what they all were thinking happened between them and that was certainly why they were giving her funny looks.

Laiba decided to ignore them and made her way to the boutique stand where the dresses were hanging inside those zipper garment bags.

Veronica had sent her whole team to get them all ready for the day along with their dresses and accessories. The make-up artist, the stylist, the hair-stylist and also her assistant. They all together somehow had turned Urooba's room into one of those backstage vanity rooms that the actresses use.