𝟎𝟓

CHAPTER 5

As we walked through the exit, my eyes searched the area desperately trying to find a way of escape

I struggled every step of the way as my eyes were focused on a gateway more than walking without tripping.

He wrapped his arms around my waist firmly, to steady my movements and ensure that I wouldn't run away as he saw my wandering gaze.

He opened the SUV's door for me and placed me in. He climbed beside me soon after.

I tried opening the door only to find out that it was child locked, trapping me in the car with them. Accepting defeat, I turned to face the window so he wouldn't have seen the disappointment written on my face. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

Honestly, he scared me. My heartbeat raced just thinking about where he would take me and what he was going to do after.

Sensing my obvious discomfort, he tried to comfort me by touching my shoulder but I smacked his hand off right away. He frowned at me and focused his eyes on the road.

Why was he being so nice?

After 30 minutes, we are arrived to a large driveway hidden behind a gate.

It opened and John drove to the entrance of the mansion. As soon as we left the car, I glanced around looking for anyone or anything that could help me as escape.

Once again, no one was there to save me from my demise.

Time slowed as I stared at the extravagant building. Nestled outside the city gates, it stood there as the surrounding nature embraced it.

The mansion was all concrete and its windows gave way to the rays of sunlight, all while giving a spectacular view of the mountains.

It was as if the house was called into existence, allowing solitude and protection to its occupants.

The fresh air filled my lungs, taking in the crisp air that came with a sense of calm.

There was a freshness in the air that invited my feet to run and jump— yet, I resisted the urge.

The doorway opened to the house and entering it for the first time felt the same as coming home after a long day of work— homey.

"This is where you will reside from now on. It and the house staff will be in your care. There are rules you must follow." He announced.

"This is where you will be living until your services are no longer needed or after a year has expired. I will visit you three times a week. You will be expected to accompany me when necessary. You are free to go anywhere in the city but you will have a mandatory security force watching your every move." he continued.

"Concluding, you will get a card which has all the money you will ever need on it to spend, as freely as you want. After a year, you will be heavily compensated for your services. "

"And as I've said before, I am not going to hurt you." he reassured.

I guess I've found myself dumb, in the sense that my words stopped flowing, stopped because I never expected this to happen.

This is the moment that I realised that I'd misinterpreted his actions, his words, his expressions as if he'd been speaking a language that I couldn't understand. At that moment my words left me.

And still my loss of words said more.
...

𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 (𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝)

𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐫 💀
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭!

𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭