𝟎𝟒

CHAPTER 4

I looked around uneasily, trying not to make eye contact with him

"I am Keiser Dietrich, you will be living with me from now on. I intend to take you as my wife."

This guy was honestly starting to freak me out.

A loud pounding on the door interrupted my thoughts. He stood from his desk and went to unlock the door.

"What do you want John?" he questioned.

"It's time to go Boss," my captor, who I now know as John said. He was an old man. He had a wise eyes. His eye lines told of laughter. The map of wrinkles on his face told a story. He had that look about him- full of life. How did he got wrapped up in this world? I had no idea.

He nodded his head whispered a reply. He closed the door and returned to his seat.

"Go where?" I questioned.

"Silly girl, you're coming with me," tapping my nose as if I already knew what was going to come.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I retorted firmly.

"And why would that be?" he asked cocking his head to the side.

"I'd rather go home," I hissed.

"To who? When? Currently, we are very far from home." he chuckled.

My face paled. I ran to the window and yanked the curtains open. I gasped and turned to him.

"Welcome to London." he exclaimed monotonously.

"You know that this is a crime right, kidnapping strangers?" I fumed.

"Yes, I thought you always wanted to visit here."

"Not under these circumstances!" I shouted.

"And how would you even know this information?" I quip.

"I have done my research about you." he informed.

"Did you really think that I just pick up any random girl from the streets and ask them to be my wife?" he added.

"Wait, you were serious about that. You can't be!" I quaked.

"I don't joke about such serious matters."

My thoughts are accelerating inside my head.

My breaths come in gasps and I feel like I was going to black out.

My heart is hammering inside my chest like an athlete's after a race. The room spins.

I squat on the floor, trying my best to make everything the world slow down so my brain and body could cope with this news.

I feel so sick. I'm on the floor in a ball—the foetal position. Why is he doing this to me?

I deserved to have free-willed loved, something that I have never experienced in all my twenty-one years on this earth. Why did it have to be like this?

I raised my head, watching him for a reaction. Something to clarify what was going on. Why was this happening to me? Why me?

"It's only temporary. I will ensure you are treated as best as possible during our time together."

"I will not do anything you do not want me to do but you cannot leave until 365 days after our marriage." He commented.

I frowm at the thought. My body is shaking uncontrollably. I feel his hands gently rest around my wrist but I shrug him off.

I'm still shaking as I push back onto my knees. He bends over, hands on his knees quietly squatting next to me, his breath forming white clouds in the air.

"For now though, we have somewhere to be."

...

𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 (𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝)

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐫𝐚𝐩...
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭!

𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭