Breaking In || .005

Start from the beginning

              "You can't let her out of your sight. You need to get the lamb first." Berlin said after he was in the passenger seat of the car. Tokyo was confident about getting the lamb; Alison Parker. How hard could it be to catch a seventeen-year-old girl? Ava met Berlin's stare for a second, just a second, but it was enough to send butterflies all through her stomach. Tokyo pulled off, driving towards the Mint.

          "So you definitely fucked last night, right?" Nairobi inquired, her eyebrows wiggling in a teasing manner as she glanced back at Ava. Ava could feel the burning in her cheeks at just the mention of it. They were starting the heist and talking about the night before still.

          "What?" Ava chuckled, rolling her eyes. She wouldn't admit to anything in front of the other two women. Sure, she looked at them as friends, but she didn't know much about either of them. She tried to separate her relationships from the heist so she didn't get too close to any of them. What she didn't know was that the heist would bring them together closer than she'd ever expected. What she wouldn't do to protect any of them. "Who?"

        "Phoenix," Nairobi giggled with a shake of her head. "Who the hell else?" Surely the looks that Berlin and Ava shared weren't completely hidden. Ava was certain that somebody could read the sexual tension between Berlin and herself, but nobody commented on it except for the Professor and, of course, Martin. Tokyo met Ava's eyes for a moment through the rearview mirror and she couldn't help the smirk pull on her lips.

         "Phoenix, no. Tokyo's been getting more action the last five months than I have." Ava commented, throwing the attention on another relationship in the group. As much as the Professor tried to imprint in their brain that there weren't supposed to be personal relationships it didn't help with anything. Tokyo and Rio still continued their fling behind closed doors and Ava, Martin and Berlin had a twisted love triangle between them. Tokyo laughed now. All three of the women in the car were calm for the first time in the whole morning. Nerves and anxiety had been rushing over them, but it was like everything they were feeling suddenly rushed away. Tokyo parked the car and the laughter cut off quickly. Ava eyed the two women but reach out to grab the bag that she brought on the floor. She stepped out of the car, her eyes going straight the Mint's front doors. Ava was planning on going in last. Tokyo walked up slowly first and then followed Nairobi. Ava walked behind the two of them, but she kept her distance. She still stayed close enough to where she could protect them if needed, but far enough so it didn't look like they were coming in together. She walked right into the Mint's front doors and held her bag in her hand. She could hear the ruckus of the teens in the next room over. Thankfully they hadn't gotten far into their tour so they were right on track. Tokyo sat her bag down to go through security and Nairobi did the same. Ava stood there watching carefully, waiting for the alarm to sound off, letting everyone know that there was something dangerous hidden in the bags. Ava dropped the bag to the ground, her hand gripping the gun that she was given just as Tokyo pulled her gun out of her bag. "Don't fucking think about it." Ava snapped at a male on the security team, shoving the gun into her chest. She forcefully grabbed the weapon from him and tied up his hands with a rope that was hidden in her bag. Her head shot up as soon as she heard the teenagers screaming. Tokyo had begun looking for the lamb.

          "Let's go! Let's go!" Ava was in charge of rounding up the security team. She took them one by one into a room nearby, tying their hands up to a desk on the inside of a room just until they could get everything settled with the other hostages. "Stay put. If you leave this room I'll blow your fucking brains out." Ava pulled the red jumpsuit on right after, covering her face with the mask, and hurried into the next room over where they were trying to calm the teens. Tokyo was nowhere in sight and neither was the lamb.

      Tokyo quickly returned with the lamb and a young boy beside her. She pushed both of them into the group with the other hostages and Ava couldn't help but smile. Everything seemed to be going perfectly. The others slowly started to join them in the front room and Berlin's eyes went straight to Ava when he was in the room. He was once again in the red jumpsuit. He gave her a nod of his head and Ava stepped over to quickly shut the front doors with just a button. The group stood there confidently, their eyes all fixed on the door as it slowly sealed shut. The plan was going perfectly.

       "I'm in charge now." Berlin started speaking firmly as Denver went around collecting phones and PIN numbers. "From now on I'll call the shots-" his speech began with that, trying to get to know each hostage and their comfortability. Some were more anxious than others. One, in particular, seemed to peak his interest. A young woman named 'Ariana'. She was panicking heavily and he tried to calm her, but nothing seemed to be working. Ava didn't exactly blame them for freaking out so heavily. They were blindfolded and being held, hostage. For all they knew they could be off to a slaughterhouse, but that was not in their plans. Their goal had no room for death. At least that's what the Professor always told them.