"I love you Ezzie" was the last thing i heard before falling asleep.

I love you too Xander

••••

F L A S H B A C K
⚠️ T R I G G E R W A R N I N G ⚠️

Fear was the only thing coercing though me right now as i ran home, my chest burning as i did so. I was late so very late, i knew what was going to happen but part of me believed it wasn't going to.

My eyes winded in fear as i saw the familiar car, they were both there. I was done for, this was going to be my end. I stumbled through the door, quietness not on my side as the door slammed alerting the 2 people i hate the most.

I tried to make a run for it but it was to late he had already caught me,i tripped as he grabbed my leg pulling me back. My back already hurting from being whipped the night before, i screamed, i cried. I tried everything but no one would ever help.

Tears immediately released as they kicked, punched, slapped, you name it they did it. I never backed down though always throwing insults which was my downfall, one of the reasons i dont talk a lot.

Burns were the only thing i could feel as i got dragged into the bathroom, the bath already filled with water and the soap on standby. This was going to be along night. He forcefully grabbed my hair and submerged me into the water, drowning me for 2 minutes at a time before putting soap in my mouth and then doing it all over again.

My screams eventually stopped and i stopped begging to make it stop, all my life I've never been very lucky. I always wanted someone to love me and show me how to care and not to show me punishment but it was all i ever knew.

The cupboard was my worst nightmare, she dragged me there after yet another failed attempt of drowning me I wish this would end. I kicked and thrashed about wanting anything but to go in there, thats when he comes in and hurts me more than I've ever be hurt.

Somebody help me- was my final thought as i blacked out in the locked cupboard.

A L E X A N D E R

A L E X A N D E R

Screaming and shouting is what woke me up at 9:30am on a Saturday. I love my brothers don't get me wrong but i took the day off and all i wanted was a lie in but no they have other ideas. I groaned in annoyance before hearing a little giggle thats when I remembered Ezzie was in here.

"Good morning Ez" i said sleepily

"Good morning Xan" she laughed

I opened my eyes glancing down, she was half asleep and her head was still placed on my chest but she was covered by the blanket. The shouting increased and Ezmie flinched as the door swung open revealing all my younger brothers were fear stricken faces. I shielded Ezmie away from them.

"Alex!" Cassius shouted

"Yes Cassius" i replied calmly

"Get the fuck up, Ezmie's missing" Cohan yelled

I decided to mess with them, they shouldn't have woken me up at 9:30 plus i knew she was safe and falling back asleep apparently.

"Watch your language boy" Kayden scolded just as i was about to

I didn't move or say anything they all watched bewildered as i sighed contently.

"Alex did you hear what we just said, our little sister is missing. Mum and dad haven't seen her either" Kyson told me

"Okay, I'm sure shes fine" i waved my hand signaling for them to leave

"Alex are you for real our little sister is missing and your telling us to get out" this time is was Kayden who shouted

"Xander tell them to leave I'm sleepy" Ez whispered and i chuckled

"You idiots i know where she is" i laughed smugly

"WHERE?" They yelled causing her to flinch again

I'm shut them down with a glare as she stretched now revealing a messy haired and tired Ezmie. She yawned muttering a good morning and glared at our brothers, who laughed at her exclaiming she looked cute.

••••

Peaceful would never be a word to describe the Gray household but right now it was. Our family were sat quiet watching a movie, everyone agreed the minute Ez showed her puppy dog eyes. She was sat in the middle of mum and dad a smile on her face as she watched the movie.

Getting her own way already

Cassius and Kyson kept arguing over what we were watching but immediately got shut down when Cohan out of all people decided Ezzie should choose the film meaning were now sat here watching cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

Ezmie's laughs were worth it though, she was so engrossed into the film she didn't even notice she got moved onto Kayden's knee while mum and dad cuddled up together. Even Cohan watched the film and didn't go on his phone once.

That's how we spent our Saturday having a movie day being reunited as a family, i knew it was time to introduce her to the extended family soon and i was not looking forward to that especially when she hardly talks around us as it is.

Edited
1402 words