Chapter 29: XD

~Skeppy's pov~

"Is he alright..?" 

I mumble under my breath. I refuse to look at the god, instead, my gaze was fixed on where Bad lay, unmoving, on the ground.

XD shuffled, following my gaze. 

It took him forever to answer. Perhaps he didn't know, or he may have been considering everything before speaking up. I don't care either way, I just want Bad to be okay...

"... He's alive." XD finally answered.

His response didn't fill me full of joy.

That could mean almost anything...

"Human, look at me while I'm speaking." The god demanded in a harsh tone.

I ignore him, tuning out the world.

This was never Bad's fault, as XD said it was... It was mine, and now I've had to watch both Bad and Niki suffer because I was too slow and too weak to defend myself.

They were willing to defy a god for me... and what have I done for them..?

Suddenly, there was a light pressure on the side of my head, pushing it to the side, and forcing me to look up at XD... His large hand was on the side of my box, directing my gaze away from Bad and interrupting my thoughts.

I stare at him blankly for a few moments, before taking action. I do what I should have done a while ago, and draw my blade, pointing it directly at him.

He swiftly pulled both his hands back, and almost jokingly raised them.

"I dare you." He challenged, glaring down at me.

I mean... a challenge is a challenge... and why would I back down now. 

He. Hurt. Bad.

I was suddenly consumed by rage, and my mind's need for justice became immeasurable.

The feeling that washed over my body was indescribable as I took a stab at where XD's heart was. The grin hidden away under my box... I wish he could see it.

I want him dead. He needs to pay for his actions.

The blade passed through the green cape surrounding him with a clean tearing sound as the fabric ripped apart, without any drag whatsoever.

Without any drag...

XD just stared at the blade that had torn through his cloak, before beginning to hysterically laugh as a feeling of dread sets in.

I slowly pull my blade back to me, watching it pass back through the fresh hole in his cloak.

Once the sword had fully returned to me, it didn't take much examination to tell something was horribly wrong.

There was not a speck of blood on the fine, still-shiny surface of the blade. 

I slowly look back to XD, and, without breaking eye contact, he slowly pulled his cloak open, giggling at my horror. 

There was no body under the cloak...

He was just a pair of hands and a head... a stupid, masked head.

How did I not notice that?! How did I not know that he had no body?!

"Do you like my magic?" He asked, mocking my terror.

"How do you function like that..?"

He seemed to grow slightly annoyed with my question.

"Magic."