Chapter 18: A Rocky Trail

~Skeppy's pov~

"Baaaad. Are we almost there?"

Bad sighed as he looked down to me. Even with the speed potion, I was dragging my feet. It didn't make it any better that the ground was made of some type of sand.

Thank god I'm wearing boots.

"Skeppy, I tried to warn you that it would be a long walk. Because you are human, we cannot use a warp crystal. It would completely destroy your body. We have been walking for at least a few hours, so I think a certain muffin is going to have to be patient." He mumble in the most calm tone he could manage.

I guess I am being pretty annoying...

"Okay, I have a better idea." Bad stated, perking up, "Let's talk to each other some more, that was funny last night, and it will help time pass."

"Okay, I'll go first. Why did you own a duck onesie?" I say, half jokingly, but as I look up at Bad, there seemed to be a look of serious confusion on his face.

"Duck..?" 

After a few moments of painful silence, Bad gasped.

"Oh, Skeppy, You mean a quack!" He exclaimed.

"... What?"

"A quack! You know, the little yellow birds!"

"... You can't be serious..."

"What!?"

"Bad." I begin as I put my hands together in front of my face, before dropping them as I somewhat yelled. "They Are Called Ducks!"

Bad just gave me a blank stare as we kept walking.

"No, Skeppy. That's silly. Ducking is when you dodge something by bringing your head down. I'm talking about the little yellow birds that are from Earth." 

Bad finished his correction with a smug smile, and crossed his arms. He looks so proud of himself.

I facepalmed at everything that just happened.

The look of disappointment on my face felt so overwhelming, I wonder if you can feel it's radiation. Bad, who is an incredibly intelligent demon, who swear he has magic powers... even though I've never seen them, and is as tall as a small house... doesn't know what a duck is...

And the fact that he is so confident!

"Dude... You're such an idiot." My voice started out serious, but I couldn't help the giggle that slipped into my voice.

"What?!"

There wasn't even an attempt to hide the embarrassment and confusion in his voice. It's kinda adorable, the fact that he doesn't try to hide things...

Wait.

No, I need to quit thinking. I just make me hate myself.

"Wait, is it actually called a duck..?"

Bad's question snapped me back into reality, and I nodded at him. He looked away, and the sighed in defeat.

"I guess you would know better than I do..." The words almost seeming sad as they left his mouth.

Shit. I forgot he has never been to Earth... 

"Hey, no, its okay! Really, I'm just messing with you."

He looked down at me, and... suddenly regained a small smile. It was a soft, sweet smile. One that told me that there was no hard feelings.

"Anyways, you still haven't answered my question."

"Oh! Um... Well, it was comfortable, and you don't really get materials like that a lot when you live in a place like this." He concluded with a smile.

I nod along, as I pick my feet up out of the sand, and pull myself up a steep, rocky slope.

As we near the top, Bad climber over a ledge, and offers me a hand, a hand I take it without hesitation, letting him pull me the rest of the way up.

In a way, I really hate this. It reminds me of my first day here, when I had to aimlessly walk for hours through this rugged terrain.

However, the fact that Bad is here with me just makes everything better in a way that I can't explain. It just seems like I feel less tired, and more safe, as we walk through the cavern-like landscape, together.

"Okay, wait. If you didn't know what a duck was... then how do you know what a muffin is?" I ask as we resume our walk. We seem to be walking towards the opening of... A cave? Maybe?

Bad looked a little embarrassed, lifting one of his hands over his face.

"This is so stupid... Um... Well... When I was a kid, and still needed a regular eating schedule to grow properly, I got really into baking. My lord taught me how to bake, and the human dish, muffins, just... became my favorite."

"That's so adorable."

Why would I say that out loud..?

Bad's tail seemed to curl around his legs as he snapped his head away from me.

"Shut up... Leave me alone..."

It took me a moment to process everything he had just said, but something besides the baking actually stood out.

"Wait, what do you mean 'A regular eating schedule'?"

"Well- Oh! Would you look at that, we're here! Man, time flies, huh? Come on Skeppy, follow me!"

~Author time!~

Woah! Another short, filler chapter!

Again, some relevance here and there, but it's really nothing compared to what I have actually planned.

How are all you lovelies doing?

Recently, school has been a pain. It's only been about two-three weeks and I'm already almost failing math.

So...

But! My English teacher likes my writing. 

Not this. But like, my creative stories! Ones with characters I've made. I did not show this to my English teacher.

I may also get a head start on writing the next chapter tonight.

Anyways, Take care Darlings!

Make sure to get plenty of water and sleep!

<3