Chapter 2: Burn

~Zak's Pov~

Why would I do that..?

In an instant, the glowing eyes vanished as a burning sensation set into my hand, as the ground under me began to cave away, sending me falling into the darkness that now surrounded me.

Everything began to hurt as I spiraled through the nothingnesses around me. My head began to hurt as I felt my almond skin being pierced at random.

I really am bad at making logical decisions, and now I am paying the price. 

The air became rapidly hotter as I plummeted into a burning wasteland, covered with cracks oozing lava, long-dead plants, that if they weren't burned to a crisp, they looked incredibly dry, and trash... lots of trash.

I brace myself as I came crashing to the arid ground. 

The impact was enough to make me regret everything, sending pain jolting through every part of my body.

I open my eyes to look up at where I fell. To my surprise, the top of the 'pit' I was in seemed to be about three hundred feet up. But it wasn't a pit like I expected, it was more like a cave, topped with stalactites.

Welp, this is my life now. Fuck.

I roll over and push myself off the ground, trying to see if there was anyone, or anything in this chaotic wasteland.

I am met with stalagmites, lava, and the burning hot air in this lifeless cave. Not a single living thing in sight.

I stand up straight, figuring I should look around a bit more. After all, this is my home now.

The pain from the fall and stabbing pain I felt held me back slightly, but I was determined to find something.

I set my sights in one direction, and begin my trek to no where in particular.

~Author's note~

Wow, that was short.

I want to put my word in that this will probably, hopefully, be by far, the shortest chapter.

I Just thought that was a good note to end this chapter on.

As always, make sure to get a good night's sleep. A good day starts with a healthy mind.