1: Break Up

Hi guys! Thanks for clicking on this fabulous, new story (sarcasm, not saying that the story isn't fabulous). Chapters will be between 400 and 800 words. Thanks!

Percy's Pov:

Annabeth has become much more busy with work, and I somehow have a feeling Athena has something to do with it. 

Ok. Let me back up a little.

After the wars, Annabeth continued her dream on architecture. Well, you see, she was given the name of 'architect of Olympus', and she is redesigning the whole place. Athena gave the job to Wise Girl herself. Though I didn't think it would be that hard to do, Athena seemed to understand her daughter. 

Annabeth always would say she was busy. She didn't have time. She was really into this blueprint and had new ideas. This. That. All of it. I was sick of it. Honestly. I wanted to talk to her, but she was always 'too busy'. Sometimes, I just doubted her loyalty to me. Whether she still loved me. 

I was showing a small family with 2 little twin brothers, who were about 7 years old around the aquarium, explaining all the fish and animals in the water. They loved it. 

After my 4 hour shift, I went back to camp Jupiter, where Annabeth would be. She was always there for lunch. I grinned when I saw her in the small house. We moved in here quite a while ago. 

She looked very excited, but something told me it wouldn't be for me.

"I got a internship!!!" She pumped her fists up in the air as she saw me coming in. I smiled, 

"Where?"

"Los Angeles." She answered, staring into the screen. I smiled, trying to hide how much it hurt. We were in New York, and she was most likely gonna move.

"You finished with Olympus?" I asked, uncertain, she nodded,

"Yesterday. I've been trying to get an internship away from both camps. Somewhere where I can...feel free! You know, where I can live alone and independently! You know -- like, away from protection of the borders, but into the REAL WORLD!" She said, stumbling on her words. She didn't see me in her future. It was like a dagger into my heart. I gulped down a sob,

"What about me? Should I like, try getting an aquarium in Los Angeles, where are you going to live? Are you --" I started bombarding her questions, but she just looked down, almost guiltily.

"Percy..." she said, shaking her head, her voice cracking, she continued, "I can't have you with me. You effect the way people look at me at work, I already did a interview, but they were sceptic only on the fact that my boyfriend was working in an aquarium. I don't think you should come. I just, don't feel the spark between us anymore, don't get me wrong, I love you and all, but you just make me look bad!" She said, shaking her head. 

"I. Fell. Into. Tartarus. For. You! And you just let me go for a job?!" I screamed in disbelief, she shook her head,

"Don't get angry. It only reminds me of what you did with...Achlys." She whispered the last part, I choked, she was scared of me?

"Y-you're scared of me?" I asked, barely a whisper,

"No. I just don't feel as safe then." She said, slamming the book, which was on the table, closed. I jumped at her anger, "Every time I see you with a girl, just as happy as you are with me, I believe that you are cheating on me!" She shouted, slamming the computer shut. If the situation weren't that serious, I would've told her that the computer wasn't the titanic, she should be more careful.

"Fine. Make a choice. Me and stay in New Rome, or your new internship, and a break up." I said, looking straight into her eyes. Usually, I would've known that she would say the first option. But now, not so sure.

She said something I couldn't make out,

"Sorry?"

"I break up with you." She said, louder, fixing her position, "Sorry, but I just can't deal with your nightmares, fears and the rank you give me in work."

"Fine. There's no going back, Annabeth. But when you want me back, it's far too late for that." I said, slamming the book in my hand shut. She jumped in surprise, "I am no longer loyal to you." I stated, calmer and walked out the door taking my belongings which were packed because of work. Gave her one last look before leaving.

Thanks for reading, please vote, comment, share and follow!