If You Can't Beat Them, Join Them II

Dowan informed Chaeyoung that he had a plan to fight Mr. Min and that he decided to do it the hard way. He took her to a place that took twenty minutes to arrive to. It was familiar for Chaeyoung because she's been there once. 

"Isn't this your beach villa?" Chaeyoung asked.

"It is" Dowan smiled "But it's winter now so I use it to do all the dirty jobs."

Chaeyoung couldn't understand what he meant until she walked in and saw a man tied up to a  chair and was watched by another man that Dowan hired. She gave Dowan a confused look to which she received the answer that gave her hope again.

"Let me introduce him" Dowan smiled wickedly "Wi Hajoon, Mr. Min's henchman and right hand, I mean ex right hand".

"Did you kidnap him?" Chaeyoung felt bad.

"I told you that from now on I'm going to do it the mafia way"

Dowan signalled the man to take the tape off Hajoon's mouth so they could question him.

"From now on you'll do what I tell you" Dowan gave him a death glare.

"I didn't fight back, did I?" Hajoon smirked.

"Are you surrendering already?" Chaeyoung got surprised "Woaah! Poor Mr. Min! Even his right hand isn't that loyal" she scoffed.

"If you grant me safety from Mr. Min, I have no problem doing what you say" Hajoon said.

"Will you really help us if we grant you safety?" Chaeyoung asked

"Yes, but you can't do that" Hajoon said "You have no idea how capable Mr. Min is, so I'm not sure you can keep me safe from him"

"What if you---" Chaeyoung was about to speak but was interrupted by Dowan.

"What do you want?" Dowan asked "What are your conditions?"

"A gun and a place to hide" Hajoon said.

"You know it's illegal to carry guns in south korea" Chaeyoung said.

"Alright, you've got that" Dowan said.

"Yah! What are you getting us into" Chaeyoung argued.

"Do you have another option? He's our last hope" Dowan said.

"Chaeyoung-shi!" Hajoon interrupted them "South Korean is not the picture perfect that you live as an idol. The clandestine that takes place behind everyone's back is beyond imagination. So stop acting like I'm asking for something horrible. I'm only trying to protect myself"

"Why did you join him if you believe that what he's doing is wrong?" Chaeyoung asked.

"It was never my choice, I was in deep water and I needed to save myself from him. You know what they say; if you can't beat them join them"

 "If you can't beat them join them" Chaeyoung chuckled as she whispered those words.

This is the second time on the same day she hears those words and for some reasons she's starting to believe in them.