Illuminated

A/N: One of my favorite chapters coming your way! Interesting developments going on today! Let me know your thoughts and theories.

"So, when did you get there?" Agent McCall asked, as Diana, Lydia, Stiles, Scott and Kira sat at the sheriff's office, being interrogated about why they were found - again - at a crime scene.

"At the same time." Stiles answered easily, as agent McCall frowned.

"At the same time as who?" He asked.

"At the same time as me." Scott said.

"By coincidence?" His dad arched an eyebrow.

"What do you mean, by coincidence?" Stiles asked, as agent McCall clearly held back a groan.

"That's what I'm asking you." He said. "The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that a coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles said.

"I think he's asking the both of you." Lydia spoke up.

"Okay, let me answer the questions." Agent McCall said, as all the kids turned to look at him as Diana tilted her head to the side a little, clearly amused. Agent McCall sighed tiredly then. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear... Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then, Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the whole town."

"Sounds about right..." Diana shrugged.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" Agent McCall asked.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer." Stiles shrugged, saying it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "So, where else would he take her?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops." Stiles smirked, all smug as he winked at Agent McCall and pointed at his dad, who had been sitting behind the FBI man. "He's in law enforcement."

At that, Diana had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing and the sheriff struggled to hide his own chuckle. When agent McCall sent the man a look, sheriff Stilinski coughed awkwardly to try and hide his amusement.

"Stiles, just, uh... Just answer the man." He said.

"We made a good guess." Stiles shrugged.

"What were the two of you doing?" Agent McCall asked, turning to look at Scott and Kira who panicked a little.

"Eating pizza." Scott said, but at the same time, Kira spoke up too.

"Eating sushi."

Diana winced at the two of them and even more so when they switched answers before sighing.

"Eating sushi and pizza." They said and Diana had to fight the urge to face-palm.

"You believe this?" Agent McCall scoffed, turning to look at sheriff Stilinski who just sighed as he fixed himself in his chair.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak..." The man said, as Stiles smiled at his dad, almost proud. "But, I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time, and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" Agent McCall asked, as the four other kids leaned forward a little bit to watch the girl closely as they waited for her reaction.