More bad than good

Now that the sheriff knew all about the supernatural, he had seemed to have wanted to look back into old cases that were left unsolved to try and figure out if that could possibly be because of all the things he didn't know before. That had apparently led him to the case of the Tate family, who died in a car crash years ago even if the whole car had been slashed open by some animal - something that, at the time, they decided was a coyote.

"So... We're going off of the assumption that the coyote you saw in the woods is Malia." Diana said, standing with Stiles, Scott, Isaac and Deaton at the animal clinic as they tried to come up with a half decent plan to help Stiles' dad that was having his job threatened again, this time because of Scott's dad.

"Yes." Stiles nodded, as Diana clicked her tongue once.

"Right." She said. "And we're doing that because..."

"Because I saw her eyes when we met in the woods." Scott explained. "She glowed them at me."

"Okay, but you did say it was a full coyote." Diana said. "Not like you or Isaac when you shift."

"No, but you remember what Peter said about his sister?" Stiles said. "He said she could turn into a full wolf."

"But that means that Malia has been a coyote for years." Diana frowned. "If she shifted like that in the car because of her first full moon and never shifted back, how do we know she even can?"

At her question, none of the boys around her said anything and Diana sighed, knowing they didn't actually have an answer for that. Shaking his head, Stiles placed a hand on Diana's arm as the girl turned her face to look at him properly.

"One problem at a time." He said, causing the blonde to nod quietly. "First, we need to find her and make sure she's safe because ever since Malia attacked Kira at the school and Mr. Tate found out I had Malia's doll with me, he's been dead set on killing the coyote, so we can't let him do that."

"Alright." Diana nodded. "And how do we do that?"

"Xylazine." Deaton spoke up, lifting in his hands a few viles and giving Diana, for the first time that morning, an actual answer. "It's a tranquilizer for horses. For a Werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds. I only have three. So, whoever's shooting needs to be a damn good shot."

"Allison's a perfect shot." Scott said.

"She used to be." Isaac said, as Diana sighed, shivering at the mere memory of the arrow that almost split Lydia's head in half. Still, when Scott turned around to look at her, Diana smiled a little, trying to show them all a confidence she didn't really have.

"She can do it." She nodded.

"If we manage to find the thing." Isaac said, causing Stiles to sigh.

"Okay, what is the point of him?" He asked, clearly annoyed as he pointed over at Isaac. "Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf? What's up with the scarf, anyway? It's sixty-five degrees out!"

"Look, I agree with Diana. There's a question we need to answer..." Isaac shrugged. "How do we turn a coyote back into a girl when she hasn't been a girl in eight years?"

Again, there was silence in the room, but, this time, Scott breathed in heavily before nodding his head.

"I can do it." He said, causing everyone to turn around and look at him.

"You can?" Stiles asked.

"You remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school?" Scott asked, as both Stiles and Diana nodded. Yes, they remembered it alright. "In the gym, he was able to make me turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery."