Chaos rising

"Are we even sure this means anything?" Diana asked, as she sat in the back seat of Allison's car with her phone in hands as Allison drove them toward what they thought Scott and Stiles would be.

"Of course it does." Allison insisted for the tenth time. "They look exactly the same, Dia. This can't be just some coincidence. Did you reach Stiles?"

"No." Diana shook her head. "He won't answer my calls and won't respond to my texts."

"But are you sure he's not home?" Allison asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." Diana nodded. "He told me he was going to a birthday party tonight. He said it was Heather's, a girl from some private school or another, but she went to nursery school with him."

"And do you know Heather?" Allison asked.

"Not really. I've seen her before, but never really talked to her." Diana shook her head. "She has a little brother who used to study with Declan, so I took him to her house plenty of times before. And I know her mom."

"But you think Scott's gonna be there?" Allison asked, as Diana scoffed.

"Allison, what are the actual chances of Stiles ever going to a party by himself?"

"Yeah, you're right." Allison chuckled, as Diana nodded.

"Scott's gonna be there."

"So what if he is?" Lydia interjected from her seat at the passenger's side. "Do we pull him out of the party and show him the bruises on your arms?"

"Yes." Allison answered, as if it was actually obvious.

"I don't know..." Lydia mumbled, taking a quick peek at Allison's exposed forearm again. "It doesn't look like much to me..."

"It's a pattern." Allison insisted. "It means something."

"And if it does?" Diana asked. "You really think Scott's gonna know what it is?"

"No, but he might know someone who does." Allison shrugged.

"How are you so sure that it means anything at all?" Lydia asked.

"Because that girl wasn't just looking for Scott." Allison said, referring to the girl back in school who had actually given her and Diana the markings in their skin. "It's like she needed to find him, like, she had to, and that means something."

"Okay." Diana shrugged, locking her cellphone as she put it back on her pocket. "I can't talk to Stiles, though, so you better find a way to communicate with Scott or we gonna be late for a long time."

"It's fine." Allison said, parking her car in front of Heather's house as she pulled out her own phone and wrote Scott a message. "He'll come."

"You did not just tell Scott you needed to talk to him, did you?" Lydia groaned, turning to look at Allison with an annoyed expression as the brunette shrugged. "You know what people think when other people tell them they need to talk? Especially when that someone is their ex-girlfriend?"

"I do." Allison nodded, climbing out of the car as soon as she noticed the front door of Heather's house being pulled open and no one other than Scott McCall himself standing there. "Which is exactly why I said that."

Groaning again, Lydia climbed out of the car with Diana as the two of them moved to catch up with Allison and, as soon as Scott noticed the two girls standing there as well and not just Allison, he sighed.

"This isn't the talk we were gonna have, is it?" He asked, as Allison just shook her head.

"Where's Stiles?" Diana asked, once she realized that the two boys who usually didn't leave each other's sides were suddenly apart - and in a house party of all places.