Mortal Pet. Immortal Master. 20

Beginne am Anfang

“The first time I saw you at the markets I saw an obedient, scared slave girl. I thought of you as stupid weak and submissive. But then I saw the way every other man was eyeing you up as meat and I reacted, up until today I didn’t know why the feeling to have you all to myself was so strong – but after this morning I think I have finally worked it out,” just as I was about to tell her the most important part of my speech Madame Iriel walked in.

“Get up,” she snapped. “What are you two still doing in bed at this hour?”

I groaned. I wasn’t ready to get up, nor go out with Madame Iriel, I just wanted to stay in bed for the rest of the afternoon with Ayesha. Placing Ayesha next to me gently, I got off the bed, offering my hand for Ayesha to take. She did, her beautiful pale hand fit perfectly in mine. I smiled at the thought, not letting go of her hand.

“It is time for you two to have a fitting. Ayesha I suppose will be goig with you Aaron?” Madame asked me. It irked me slightly that she completely ignored Ayesha as a human being and asked me.

“Yes. She will. You have a problem?” I snapped rudely, glaring at Madame Iriel.

“No, no dear. It’s just that she looked confused and I was assuming you hadn’t asked her yet.” She explained. “Was I right?” I sighed but nodded, gently – gently – squeezing Ayesha’s hand.

“Just take us to the dressmaker. Unless she is here already?”

“It’s not a girl Aaron, and he is here already – in fact he is outside right now,” Madame Iriel paused. “Should I send for him now?”

Did I want her to? A man was to dress Ayesha, and see her in this? To run his hands up her body? I don’t think so. Growling lightly I felt Ayesha’s hand try to pull out of mine then realizing her supposed mistake, stopped.

“Fine,” for her sake, it better be. “Send him in.” Madame Iriel did, opening the door to the strange man, but I hardly noticed. My attention was focused on the beautiful mortal in front of me.

She was looking at the floor, trying not to draw attention to herself – in some odd way it made me feel hollow, as if I was just a shell. She did that to me, she made my thoughts, my being in general, reach out to her, giving her the comfort I so long to perfect.

“What’s wrong, my sweet?” I asked gently, lifting her hand to my lips. Looking up for a second, a flash of green eyes and white skin, before her head descended to the floor again – her strawberry blonde hair covering most of her face.

“N-nothing, mas–”

“Aaron, sweetie, call me by my name,” I supplied.

“Aaron,” she whispered. The way she said it sent tingles up my spine, her soft melodic voice forming the word perfectly, adding a slight hitch to the second ‘a’.

“That’s better. Now we, uh, I have something to ask you,” I said nervously. I was going to ask her to accompany me to the coronation ceremony as my partner. The nerves were completely unnecessary, she would say yes – willingly or not – because she was trained to. That thought put a slight damper on my happy thoughts.

Getting down on my knees in front of her, my face now looking up at hers, I stared into her emerald eyes. They were wide with uncertainty. “Will you, uh, accompany me tothecoronation? I mean, would you like to?” I blurted out.

Looking confused, Ayesha shrunk back, not knowing what to say. Sighing in dismay, I gently grabbed her upper arms, holding her like a little doll. Trying not to look in her eyes, in fear of knowing I was hurting her, I stood up. Sliding my hands down her arms, resting for a moment longer on her wrists, I finally reached her delicate hands.

Putting one of her delicate hands on my shoulder, soon after placing her other one there too. I entwined my fingers around her small waist, and moved us to the middle of the room. Finally looking into her eyes, seeing the uncertainty there – and of course the untrusting fear – I smiled reassuringly.

“Please say yes,” I whispered, finishing the rest of the sentence in my mind, after this. Swinging her around, slowly working my way around in a circle, when she began to smile lightly I took it as an opportunity to stop, grasping on to her wrists. I pulled it from my shoulder, interlacing our fingers and lifting her hand up above her head I spun her round. In and out, and finally into my chest.

“Will you accompany me to the feast tonight?”

Ayesha’s P.O.V:

He asked me? Me? A worthless slave; girl not fit to be anything but someone’s punching bag, not to be heard just seen, not to have a say in anything my master did or didn’t do. I was simply nothing. Thinking it over, I began to question his motives – was it just a trick and was he going to laugh about it with his friends later? Looking into his deep blue eyes, I searched for any sign of mockery or taunting, but came up blank. As discreetly as I could I nodded, not really trusting my instincts nor the man holding me to him.

Smiling widely, my master bought his lips down to my forehead, kissing me once softly. “Thank you,” he said, his voice deep and soothing. I could feel a strange heat on my cheeks; it felt like they were burning coles. Placing one cool hand to my cheek I stepped back.

Chuckling Madame Iriel came into the room, holding onto another vampires – a strong one’s – wrist. He looked threatening, with much more muscles then anyone I had ever seen before, his skin was dark and bulging, his head bald.

“Hello,” he said, ruining the brooding effect with his wide smile and friendly tone. “My, oh my, don’t you just look like you escaped from the runway.” He exclaimed, his eyes running over my barley covered body. I didn't know what that meant, but I was hoping it was a good thing. Looking up at the strange man, questions swimming in my eyes, he smiled again – proving it was a good thing. Suddenly, feeling sick again, I leant on my master, and slowly but surely fell out of consciousness.